Anyone interested in a wine appreciation group?

Sheffield Forum Wine Appreciation Group  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Sheffield Forum Wine Appreciation Group

• Yes please, count me in.
    • I might have time to spare to be a Group Leader.

hope this is the right place to post. please direct me elsewhere if appropriate.

I ve been a member of a wine group before and it was great fun. It certainly expanded everyone's wine knowledge and palate, making us try regions and varietals outside your own narrow preference. It also took people away from just drinking "supermarket deals"

I wondered if folk would be interested in joining such a group as there seems to be nothing locally and it doesnt need much to organise- just a few people and then either a fixed venue such as a bar or rotate around peoples houses/flats which keeps costs down to bare minimum. We used to sample maybe 8-12 wines incl some fairly expensive ones and it came to about 6-7 pounds.

any thoughts? any support?

jeez- that was fast!! Thanks for your support

at least we d now be sharing a bottle between two!

lets see if anyone else is up for it.

jeez- that was fast!! Thanks for your support

at least we d now be sharing a bottle between two!

lets see if anyone else is up for it.

3 me and my oh,lol,

pm sent,

any more interest from anyone on the forum? would like to get on and arrange first meeting. Go on guys, it ll be fun!

rajiv

definitely interested! i did a taster course a while ago which was brilliant. could you pm me with details once you get something organised? thanks!

ok. I think we should organise something. maybe for the first time shall we just meet in a bar somewhere central and have a chat about things? I have some ideas and we can see what everyone wants and expects. I do not know sheffield well so am happy to hear suggestions for a bar in town and possible dates. I am free next week all weekdays ie 29th -1st nov.

any calls?

Nice! There is a great wine tasting Shop on Eccy road just after Endcliffe Park

Just to let you know that we are keeping an eye on the request to gauge how popular the Group will be. I'm going to add a poll so please mark yourself down if you're interested in the group in general and whether you might be interested in being a Group Leader. It's a multiple choice poll so don't feel obliged either way.

Hello.

I think we should do our first meeting next week. I thought we could meet up in a wine bar and have a think!

Two suggestions - either menzel's on ecclesall road or trippets on trippet lane?

I ve had requests for either next wed or thurs after work and I can do either so can others say which they prefer? I thought say 6ish?

We can make a final decision say on friday after I know whether everyone can make it.

Look forward to meeting up.

Rajiv