New Gay Club To Open In Sheffield!

with regards to a reply that was posted on here, the reason why we ask people to keep an "eye" out in sheffield for a prospective venue is that not all property agents list properties especially them that are new on the market, there is also the fact that a site might be closing soon and that its not even been advertised for let

we are leaving in around 20 mins to come to sheffield to view a few premises that i have lined up for inspection, we will not just take any old place and hope for the best it has to be hand picked and costs also have to balance,

i find that sheffield is up and comming hence the new "MOOR" project so yes it may well be ready for an injection of modern bars/clubs.

ive been in a dead cavendish, a dead varsity, a dead s1, a dead westway, an ultra-dead takapuna...

i accept they are all busy busy at weekends, but am surprised they even bother opening sun- thurs.

But obviously they have enough customers to make a profit and stay open, if you were correct then they would go out of bussiness becasue no-one would want to drink in them, obviously people do.

with regards to a reply that was posted on here, the reason why we ask people to keep an "eye" out in sheffield for a prospective venue is that not all property agents list properties especially them that are new on the market, there is also the fact that a site might be closing soon and that its not even been advertised for let

we are leaving in around 20 mins to come to sheffield to view a few premises that i have lined up for inspection, we will not just take any old place and hope for the best it has to be hand picked and costs also have to balance,

i find that sheffield is up and comming hence the new "MOOR" project so yes it may well be ready for an injection of modern bars/clubs.

good luck and i do wish you all the success in the world.

But obviously they have enough customers to make a profit and stay open, if you were correct then they would go out of bussiness becasue no-one would want to drink in them.

Thats not my argument at all. Bboy stated that there were a lot of modern bars that were always full.

i guess he was referring to the Bankers Draft.

:hihi:

Thats not my argument at all. Bboy stated that there were a lot of modern bars that were always full.

i guess he was referring to the Bankers Draft.

:hihi:

I thought your argument was that Sheffield wasn't ready for modern bars ?

I thought your argument was that Sheffield wasn't ready for modern bars ?

on the gay scene - i don't think it is..

sheffield is 5/10 years behind the regional entertainment capitals - ie manchester, nottingham, and i hate to say it leeds, newcastle.

I agree completely..:) If Sheffield wasn't ready how come over the last couple of years the city centre is full of modern / contemporary bars and clubs that are always full and people enjoy..are gay people in sheffield that different from straight sheffield folk..? I don't think so..or perhaps from the odd minority..

I believe that the LGB community in Sheffield are ready for a modern, contemporary and friendly bar BUT i am not sure that Sheffield is in a position to offer it. I know it is boring, but finding a venue in the city centre is not easy at the moment in Sheffield and actually there are not that many empty venues as the straight scene in Sheffield is very viable and successful. Those venues that are empty are being "ring fenced" for the licencess who are loosing their premises to demolition/modernisation, compulsory purchase orders due to the new retail quarter. Boring, but true.

Also, for once, I agree with Nick2 the bars on West Street etc are successful as they bring in the punters (the rents up there are out of this world) and a gay version of Takapuna would be great for the city.

Again, I believe that LGB Sheffield is ready but is SHEFFIELD ready !!!

Try the old D and R Bar on Arundel Gate. I think the asking rent is £25,000.00 per year and is near the bus routes, tram routes and taxis ranks. Agent is Lane Walker. You might need to liaise with the council about current anti social dispersal orders logged against the address (caused by drug dealing).

I was 11 when I first moved to Sheffield (from horrible East London) and my Mum - a Yorkshire woman through and through, born and bred - took one look around and in a very superior voice and said. "Hmmmm, Sheffield? Big city, village attitude!".

At the time I had no idea what she meant:confused:, but growing up, going to school, working and living amongst fellow Sheffielders, I realised what her frighteningly accurate observation meant.

Having said that, if anyone outside Sheffield disses it, they get their head chopped off (even if I know what they are saying).

For me the city offers enough other great qualities to be able to bear the terminally inherent, small-town attitude the people have. And these qualities put it way ahead of holes like Leeds:gag: and Manchester:gag: where the people definitely think bigger:thumbsup:, have better nightclubs/bars:thumbsup:, but there is something missing, which we in Sheffield have. I can't put my finger on it and maybe I was never meant to.

As you can see I have a love:love:/hate:twisted: relationship with Sheffield - and that's a good thing, as it keeps me objective and grounded. I love seeing all the different views on here as it shows that people still want more, but others also recognise the inability of the people here to think big. I think Bootilicious is right, we live in a city that will never quite get it 'right' but you others are right in that it's definitely no reason to stop trying.

Oh and my Mum still lives here too - so she must like it really:P

Boho on Campo lane is up for rent / sale i beleive although i dont know exactly how big it is inside but if you make the setup right you could also open in the day for the office staff around that area for lunch etc.......just a thought

I was 11 when I first moved to Sheffield (from horrible East London) and my Mum - a Yorkshire woman through and through, born and bred - took one look around and in a very superior voice and said. "Hmmmm, Sheffield? Big city, village attitude!".

At the time I had no idea what she meant:confused:, but growing up, going to school, working and living amongst fellow Sheffielders, I realised what her frighteningly accurate observation meant.

Having said that, if anyone outside Sheffield disses it, they get their head chopped off (even if I know what they are saying).

For me the city offers enough other great qualities to be able to bear the terminally inherent, small-town attitude the people have. And these qualities put it way ahead of holes like Leeds:gag: and Manchester:gag: where the people definitely think bigger:thumbsup:, have better nightclubs/bars:thumbsup:, but there is something missing, which we in Sheffield have. I can't put my finger on it and maybe I was never meant to.

As you can see I have a love:love:/hate:twisted: relationship with Sheffield - and that's a good thing, as it keeps me objective and grounded. I love seeing all the different views on here as it shows that people still want more, but others also recognise the inability of the people here to think big. I think Bootilicious is right, we live in a city that will never quite get it 'right' but you others are right in that it's definitely no reason to stop trying.

Yet again you are the voice of reason. As a fellow veteren of the scene I know what you are saying.

I agree largely with what you are saying especially with the big city small village attitude and this comes across clearly in Bootilious's rediculous attitude.. I believe that over the last couple of years the whole feel of sheffield (mainly city centre) has taken on a more cosmopolitan feel and taking into account that we attract thousands of people (Mainly students) to our city each year with different views and attitudes I feel this will slowly change.. Don't forget that at present Sheffield is the 4th largest city in England and is at the moment the fastest developing (in terms of economy) in England with a substantial growth in white collar professions..this will inevitable increase the need for relevant and different facilities (as it creates a knock on effect). Sheffield is in a process of redevelopment and change and such attitudes will only hold it back..the attitude should be optimistic not pessimistic.. After all we are only talking about a modern bar..