Starting a Book Club

Right then, here is the next book: The Woman from Rome, a 1947 novel by Alberto Moravia.

And the next meeting is Wednesday 26th, 7:30, back at the Walkley Cottage.

James

Hi all,

I have been on Amazon and it seems to be quite difficult to get hold of the book. If anyone is struggling, have a look at http://www.alibris.co.uk. I have managed to order it from there for less than 6 quid including postage, and it is shipped from the UK.

Catherine

Gonna try and make it down... I have been looking for a book club!!! xx

Hey, is it possible to join this book-club although you've already started it?

I'm desperate to join one and am finding it really tough to come across ones that aren't at inconvenient times! :S

The books you've covered already seem just up my street so would love to participate!

xxx

hi people,

i wanna join in the book club too.. am i late..

are there any writers/authors here.. i am struggling with plot of my first book, i need someone to help with that...

peace

Cool, everyone is welcome.

The current book is The Woman from Rome, a 1947 novel by Alberto Moravia. Check the previous posts, it seems to be a tricky one to get hold of, but Catherine posted to link which should be more helpfull than Amazon. (sorry its a bit obscure this time, we could always move the date of the next meeting if people are struggling, but for now lets stick with it. Check original post for the date.)

One of us dabbles with creative writing I think, but I'm quite sure there are no authors amongst us. Yet :)

James

Cool, everyone is welcome.

The current book is The Woman from Rome, a 1947 novel by Alberto Moravia. Check the previous posts, it seems to be a tricky one to get hold of, but Catherine posted to link which should be more helpfull than Amazon. (sorry its a bit obscure this time, we could always move the date of the next meeting if people are struggling, but for now lets stick with it. Check original post for the date.)

One of us dabbles with creative writing I think, but I'm quite sure there are no authors amongst us. Yet :)

James

thanx james..

i'll try to get hold of the book..

btw i just found out there ia writers group on this forum so i shall seek help there.. and thank u so much once again

Hey,

I think we should re-arrange as it seems people are either not available or haven't finished the book. I propose we postpone for three weeks to Wednesday 17th December, 7.30, Walkley Cottage. Is that ok with everyone?

Additionally I think we should plan the first couple of dates and books for the New Year at this meeting. Perhaps we can try and get a bit in front of ourselves, and stop being so disorganised! :)

Catherine

Hey People,

I plan on joining your next meeting - hope that's ok?

Please post if there's a change in plan, otherwise i'll see you on 17th at 7.30 in the Walkley Cottage :)