Starting a Book Club

Hi Jonsie

We are not burgeoning with people, I reckon some fresh peeps would get us back on track, so you are more than welcome.

James

Edited by jamesstarky

Errm, What was I saying?

We can postpone it a week, but thats the last time! (until its my own turn to have a calendar problem :)

What does anyone else think?

James

Hi Jonsie

Your welcolme to join us at the next meeting if you like.

BTW James and Catherine, I don't have my phone and I'm not sure when I'll sort that out.

Edited by maverick

Now then, James is away next week. I can do Wednesday 25th February at 8.30, if that's any good? Otherwise it will have to be the week commencing 2nd March (either Monday or Tuesday).

I hope you're alright, Rachael.

Catherine xx

Hi,

I'm alright thanks Catherine. Had my bag stolen over the weekend so have been busy trying to sot out replacement cards, changing locks on my car and house, arranging for a new phone .... all just a really expensive hassle. I should be okay for 2nd or 3rd March if everyone else can do one of those days?

R

Tuesday 3rd March at 7.30pm, Walkley Cottage. I presume that's ok with everyone?

The book is Dante's Inferno (for any new members who want to come along).

Cheers,

Catherine x

Hi there

I can do that date. Ele your welcome to come along.

R

Hey,

The next book is 'The Damned Utd' by David Peace, and the next meeting is Monday 23rd March 2009 at 7.30pm in the Walkley Cottage.

Catherine

Hi,

The next book is "Mother-in-law, son-in-law" by local author Jude Calvert Toulmin. The book is available on Amazon and I think was written under the pseudonym "Julia". We are next meeting Tuesday 12 May at 7.30pm in the Walkley Cottage. I will have my copy of the book with me.

Rachael

Hi,

The next book is 'The Old Patagonian Express: By Train Through the Americas' by Paul Theroux, and the next meeting is 2nd June, 7.30pm, Walkley Cottage.

Cheers,

Catherine

Hey

This is the Walkley Cottage Book Club signing off... its been a great ride, books were read, friends were made and we lasted about a year and half!

I think our favourites were 'The Gloden Notebook' by Doris Lessing and 'Wizard of the Crow' by Ngugi wa Thongo.

Thanks to everyone who contributed,

James