Laptop slow not updating ?

Hi my laptop has slowed down quite a bit so I thought I'd restart it yesterday and it said the options to restart and update or restart and shut down so I restart and update 1 of 16 I let it do its updates comes back on still slow and the options to restart update and shutdown are still there with update next to them did it again and still says it ? any ideas of what to do?

Also ran the Avast security check and nothing found..

Windows 10 HP Envy 2016 laptop

There may have been multiple updates waiting to be installed, and it will do them in the order it needs to each time you restart or shut down.... if it can do them all at once, it will, if it needs to apply one update, and then re-start before applying another, it will do that..

But you say, it slowed down quite a bit so you restarted it... do you not shut it down daily? or at least once per week? (for this very reason)

Hi thanks for helping no I must admit I usually just shut the lid :roll: come on it in the morning then later on in the day

Hi,

Yes machines need shutting down at least at the end of the day. lf you are surfing net a lot you will get temp. files backing up. These need cleaning every so often to preserve speed. I found a good one for just that is "Glary utilities"