Where to work? Dixons or Sheff Utd?

Here's the deal. I've been trying to get a job for weeks and now all of a sudden I've got 2 offers.

One is with Blue Arrow agency and getting a part-time job in Dixons call centre. Working weekends on the phones.

The other is part of matchday staff at Sheff Utdthrough Compass Group, these are both solid offers and I could take either of them.

Does anyone have any experience of working for either of these companies? The call centre isn't ideal but at least I have set hours and income, whereas the match day staff is only once every 2 weeks, for 5 hours at a time for £6 an hour.

Any advice anyone?

Hi i gave my all to utd and ended up being shown the out door when id done nothing wrong. I was a massive blades fan and all i ever wanted to do was to work at the ground, they even placed a replacement after me and they did the same to him...

Go to Dixons mate more chance of a long time contract...

Yours N Warnock x

I got blamed for everything that went wrong, and I never even worked there!

M Tevez.

Brilliant!

If you support the club, I'd take the advice and go to Dixons. I'm not saying Sheffield United would do this, but if you know your employees are emotionally attached to your business, there is always the risk that you could take advantage of this.

• 1 year later...
I got blamed for everything that went wrong, and I never even worked there!

M Tevez.

I was interviewed for teacher training at the Uni of Sheffield in Feb 2009 and made a conditional offer. (I was doing my maths GCSE at the time) My Mum's health however started to deteriorate and so I decided not to join the course. I did however join the forum because I never really got over the fact that I turned this opportunity down and having been really impressed by the city and helpfulness of the people (particularly the Uni staff who gave me tons of help due to my dyspraxia) I decided to keep my ambitions on the back burner. As a hammers fan I couldn't resist making this particular post! I have only recently started to use the forum again due to the fact that I want to move up there.