Inn at Troway

bettsy0859

HI

this is not a thread that i have started after having some mediocre meal.

i have tried and tried with this place.

in fact 4 times to be precise.

AWFUL!!!!!!!!

food is ok

service is dreadful

prices are a little on the dear side.

service is dreadful

they have a problem with flies

service is dreadful

the new(?) manager looks like he's doing you a favour serving you

Did i tell you the service is dreadful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rant::rant::rant:

hi

i went this weekend for the 2nd time and i must agree with the opening post,

Don't quite know why it was so poor as they seem to have plenty of staff and the food and menu look ok but the service is really bad.

there is also a massive fly problem!!!????? (i know it's a fantastic countryside location but come on!!)

No communication with staff/bar

POOR.

I think this is one of those places that could be really good but is still a way off. When you go to the Cricket Inn I always seem to notice the manager hovering around and you get the impression he runs a tight ship. We went to the Inn and even though it was empty, it took over half an hour for our sarnies to arrive - though the food is good. We wouldn't go back though because of the flies. What annoyed me was sat there swatting these monsters that kept landing on our food and numerous staff hanging around near us not seeming to be bothered by this.

Big spenders ?

Lol - Still recovering from going to the Fat Duck a couple of months ago. Anyhow, what's it to you if me and the missus and my two kids and my Uncle Joe and Auntie Eilleen and my gandad Selby and me Ganny Gertrude and me best mates John and Dave share a prawn mayo side a chips and a round of tap water. Richard Smith doesn't look a poor chap.