Norton just stopped this while on SF

antimalware doesnt attract attacks, it is targetted in malware you get just like anti viruses because they are used to stop the malware.

its the best antimalware software out there i reckon and ive never encountered your problem with it breaking

Surely that is the same kind of thing. It is like a tank on a battle field attracting fire from an F16 that is flying past.

I believe you when you say that you have had no problems, but that does not mean it cannot or won`t happen. Overall I thought it was ok, and I would feel like you do about it if the files had not become corrupted. We can only speak of our experiences.

Edited by Janus

Surely that is the same kind of thing. It is like a tank on a battle field attracting fire from an F16 that is flying past.
No, it's not, trust me on this.

Malware does not go looking for systems which have defenses like malwarebytes, it is completely random.

However if you do get malware on your machine then some of it will try and disable your defences by disabling any software like malwarebytes or spybot, whatever antivirus package you have and even turning off your firewall.

The bad guys are constantly trying new tricks to get their crap on to any system they can, a good antivirus solution and regular scanning with malwarebytes can significantly reduce the chances of them getting it on to yours.

It's very important to keep your antivirus & antimalware up to date though, if you don't then eventually a new trick will be found by a bad guy that gets past your defenses.

Yip the problem is using Norton. Go AVAST Free.

---------- Post added 21-12-2014 at 00:40 ----------

If people stop and think for a second. Bedroom hackers code their new creation to beat the big names. The hacker is always one step ahead. People like avast free do not pose ( stupidly) a challenge therefore are more secure. Run a test on the big boy names and see who lets through more viruses. You will find Norton comes worst off.