Nationwide Boat Sales Yard , Sheepbridge , Chesterfield

Not quite Sheffield but its possible that people from Sheffield may have brought equipment or even a boat from this yard. Nationwide Boat Sales were on Sheffield Road a reasonable sized operation with up to 300 boats for sale , been told it closed in 2005 . The boat yard is next to a disused garden centre which was called 'Ash Garden Centre' no idea when that closed but the site is now very overgrown. Who recalls the boat yard or even the garden centre?

Been going past for the last 25 years, the garden centre site has recently been cleaned up, once the new holiday park starts to be built across the road I would imagine that the area will improve and new developments will begin on the old boat yard and garden centre

Hello, in 1990 I used to buy windsurfing equipment from a young chap who had a shop in Nationwide Boat Yard

A friend of mine came all the way from Middlesbrough to purchase an OB motor boat. He used it in the Lake district then at sea.