Puppy farms - are they really so bad?

I am new to dogs, and I did often watch the Cesar Milan programs, but it does surprise me how much he has now become a hated figure by some. The mere mention of an Alpha male on some pet forums, and people blow their tops ;)

Dominance, alpha male, top dog, people who think dogs are wolves.... all this stuff is absolute rubbish. Anyone who thinks that if they don't let their dog on the sofa or walk through a door first it'll magically become a submissive, perfectly trained dog is a bleeding idiot.

Training based around rewards and fun and a relationship of mutual respect is far better for everyone.

FWIW I thought that show was good and raised a lot of extremely valid points (I was so happy to see them debunk the wolf based behavioural study), as did the one about dog obesity last week. All too many owners have no idea what their dog should look like and that a 20 lead walk is in no way sufficient.

I get comments about my 'skinny' dog all the time, mainly from owners of horribly overweight labs!