METRO POP PRESENTS:

LORD AUCH & BRUTE CHORUS

JUST HANDSHAKES

[WE'RE BRITISH]

THE CROOKES

8PM - 5 pounds advance (+B.F) / 7 pounds on arrival

Stockroom , leadmill road

tickets: Jacks Records / Sheff Uni Box Office

What a **** hole. Just moved to the area, heard alot about the music at the Stockroom .

What a dump, the staff are muppets and I don't blame the bands but the sound and organisation is rubbish.

If this is one of the best you are having a laugh.

Any recommendations for a decent live venue ?

Come and say hello to me if you dare to come in again and I will show you a muppet....

Having been running for six months now putting on some great nights...mostly free...and most bands sound great...apart from the ones that turn amps up to 11 and expect it to sound decent...Well thats the nature of musos anyway...And its part of it...We have had few complaints...yours is a most viscious one and one that deserves the contempt you reek of....

And don't insult our staff mate, they are a great bunch and are well liked by our regular customers ...Reckon you are some trolling idiot as this was your first post...

When did you come in by the way?

We are committed to making our place special ...So obviously not for you....As I say...Come in, we have a mirror in the toilet....

Edited by tron

Hey tron dont take the above rubbish seriously. There are silly politics at work I think. It will be another venue for sure!! I Have been twice into the Stockroom and enjoyed very much the atmosphere, staff and bands. Very refreshing. See you again soon

The Stockroom is a nice venue. I wish there were more like it. It has an intimacy that no other venue has. Been a couple of times and definatley undeserving of the tirade by a first time poster.

I must concur, I really enjoyed the two gigs I put on there in January and the staff were friendly and beer prices reasonable.

i ve been a couple of times, the sound wasn't the greatest in sheffield, (it was better when there were people in the room).

the staff were spot on, friendly and chilled out. they seem to have a decent ethic.

Sorry if I touched a nerve there. It was my honest opinion and coming from the north I have been used to much better than that.

Must have caught the bands, staff and sound quality on a bad night.

Good to see your mates are rallying around you on here but I have had three private messages from other forums who agree The Stockroom has a bad reputation and is not the place to go if you want a friendly environment and good music.

Sorry if I touched a nerve there. It was my honest opinion and coming from the north I have been used to much better than that.

Must have caught the bands, staff and sound quality on a bad night.

Good to see your mates are rallying around you on here but I have had three private messages from other forums who agree The Stockroom has a bad reputation and is not the place to go if you want a friendly environment and good music.

Coming from the 'North' has got nothing to do with it. Like I said ..some cheap people on here promoting their own thing. i am no mate at all. Shameful.

Cheap beer, friendly bar staff and a venue where DIY nights of all kinds can put interesting things on in Sheff without risking big £££ - Kid Acne's birthday bash was there, so was Mike Club Pony's birthday do, Riddimtion, + loads of DIY band nights....

I'm not a mate rallying round either....been promoting in Sheffield for the last 5 years (including times when there weren't any good places for small nights in Shef) and we've just chose to do a night there with C90 (and we had a few options) purely based on how good the venue is. They've been really supportive and are obviously risking their own money to do something good in the city.

In short, there are better targets to be aiming your vitriol towards...

What a **** hole. Just moved to the area, heard alot about the music at the Stockroom .

What a dump, the staff are muppets and I don't blame the bands but the sound and organisation is rubbish.

If this is one of the best you are having a laugh.

Any recommendations for a decent live venue ?

It speaks for itself that not one person has agreed with what you are spouting here - nuff said