Scopididdle/skopididdle what is it?

Dear all

I remember my grandma saying I was running about like a scoppididdle (not sure of the spelling) what does it mean and where does it come from?

Any ideas. Is it a real word. My family origonates from Sheffield, Manchester and Liverpool.

Sue:loopy:

we have discussed this elsewhere in this section (i think in the "Strange Sayings" thread - Sheffield Rhymes and Sayings, I think it was called)

I seem to remember that it was decided that the owrk "Skopadiddle/ Scopididdle" probably referred to a mouse, in the way it scurries about, so fast.

My ex mother in law uses that very phrase.

PT

Thanks for clearing that up:hihi: So we have quite a few scopadiddles out there but not quite sure what it is only that it is fast moving.

Any more suggestions.

Thanks Sue:lol:

Dear all

I remember my grandma saying I was running about like a scoppididdle (not sure of the spelling) what does it mean and where does it come from?

Any ideas. Is it a real word. My family origonates from Sheffield, Manchester and Liverpool.

Sue:loopy:

Dont know Sue but my Mother used the same saying when i was a kid in the late 20ties, Arthur