Sign in to follow this  

Is this a New Magknits?

It is indeed - I'd actually forgotten that Magknits was monthly. I do like those socks. I like the leaf-edged shawl too, but I think it would be better if there wasn't such an expanse of stocking stitch forming the bulk of it. It'd look much nicer with a fairly simple, unobtrusive lace pattern reflecting the leaf edging.

I quite like the wrap too - an all over lace might make something quite simple and classic too fussy IYKWIM. Toe up socks sound too scarey though:-o

LisaH xxx

I quite like the wrap too - an all over lace might make something quite simple and classic too fussy IYKWIM. Toe up socks sound too scarey though:-o

LisaH xxx

I must admit that I've never ventured to the arena of toe-up socks. I can see the appeal though; less likely to run out of yarn, or at least if you do run out of yarn, it'd be less disastrous. Erm, well, perhaps if you don't mind having one sock shorter than the other...

Have you heard of the Magic Loop method for knitting socks? I know it involves a couple of circular needles, and I think it entails knitting both socks at once. Now there's a thought. I'm happy with the DPN method, though I wouldn't mind expanding my horizons a little, if only for the experience.

I can see what you mean about the fussiness of the lace idea for the shawl, especially with the leaf edging being the focal feature. Perhaps a subtlely variagated yarn might be a little better for the stocking stitch?. I do think it looks a little flat as it is, particularly in that colour.

For the ignorant amongst ud what does IYKWIM stand for please? If it's not printable maybe a pm would answer! Thanks

For the ignorant amongst ud what does IYKWIM stand for please? If it's not printable maybe a pm would answer! Thanks

Sorry its if you know what I mean:D

LisaH xxx

Thanks for that Lisa. I feel suitably stupid for not being able to work that out for myself :blush:

P.S. How is sleeve no 2 of Samus coming on? I finished the body of my shrug last night .... just the pick up of the border to do :loopy:

Thanks for that Lisa. I feel suitably stupid for not being able to work that out for myself :blush:

P.S. How is sleeve no 2 of Samus coming on? I finished the body of my shrug last night .... just the pick up of the border to do :loopy:

Dont feel stupid - I forgot Im not supposed to use stuff like that here.

Its got a cuff:D Thats the slowest bit as it takes 1 - 2 days to do each repeat depending on how much knitting I do and I only really get an hour in after the boys are in bed (tried knitting when they were awake - wont be doing it again). Did redo the toe shaping though on sock 2 so now Im happy with the outcome and hopefully will post a piccy later. Dont envy you having to pick up 436? stitches though:(

LisaH xxx