Big building

Im not certain but it looks like the tower that was just down the road from norton college but im sure theyve knocked them down.

It says it's canceled, but I don't remember seeing a building taller than the Arts Tower.

I work for the council and had too do repairs in there 4 years ago bit havent been up there since. I suppose looks can be decieving but im sure they must have got it wrong because it didnt look taller than the arts tower.

The same site has Sheffied as Englands third largest city after London and Birmingham.

1) LONDON 7.172.091

2) BIRMINGHAM 977.087

3) SHEFFIELD 513.234

4) LEEDS 466.891

5) LIVERPOOL 439.473

6) MANCHESTER 422.000

Sheffield would drop a place if Glasgow was added in uk population terms.

Source: office for national statistics.

Now im confused as i keep reading that the population of Leeds is over 700.000?

Chesham House is/was on Charter Row opposite Debenhams. Perhaps its going to be be part of the new John Lewis redevelopment in that area

Chesham House is/was on Charter Row opposite Debenhams. Perhaps its going to be be part of the new John Lewis redevelopment in that area

Chesham House was the offices for the DHSS. I spent many unhappy hours there sat in the squalid smoke filled waiting rooms. If you walk around Debenhams to the rear and then head on down Charter Row. Chesham House was the next building you come to the entrance being up a ramp.

Rear Debehams>frozen food shop>carpark> Chesham House.

the first picture was one of the three blocks at Jordanthorpe, (two of them are now demolished)

the 2nd and third pictures are of the refurbished tower blocks opposite the university arts tower at the top of netherthorpe.

the third pic is of the beldon block at norfolk park immediately prior to its demolition in 2004

PT

your correc it is in jordanthorpe i ve worked in there a few times

Chesham House is on Charter Row right behind Empire Bar and plans to redevelop it were shelved a year or two ago as it was seen as commercially unviable.

However, with the current confidence in Sheffield City Centre, I wouldn't be surprised if it reared its head again soon :)

The building opposite debenhams is telephone house (BT) unfortunately i work there on directories.

Cant see chesham house opening again unless its something else as all the social security enquiries are now based within job centre plus.

I think the council will sell it on as it looks like some parts are being improved, when i walk past on my lunch the hole that used to be a bridge (for the carpark ) has now been improved to match the rest of the building.