What is the French restaurant in Crookes called?

My wife tells me there is a French restaurant near to Steel Bank where Springvale Road crosses the Walkley Road opposite the Springvale pub. She vaguely suggested it was called Chez Lahlou ?? Apologies if wide of the mark. 10 Commonside 2686983

My wife tells me there is a French restaurant near to Steel Bank where Springvale Road crosses the Walkley Road opposite the Springvale pub. She vaguely suggested it was called Chez Lahlou ?? Apologies if wide of the mark. 10 Commonside 2686983

Indeed it is,although it is classed as Walkley. Went there on Saturday with friends for my birthday. It is actually owned by my aunt & uncle, but even if it wasn't I would still rate it very highly.:)

Indeed it is,although it is classed as Walkley. Went there on Saturday with friends for my birthday. It is actually owned by my aunt & uncle, but even if it wasn't I would still rate it very highly.:)

Certainly is, on the 95 Walkley bus route - get off at Commonside.

Locals might say it's "int'Vale."

Certainly is, on the 95 Walkley bus route - get off at Commonside.

Locals might say it's "int'Vale."

I lived at Crookes for 20 odd yrs and still don't know where Crookes becomes Walkley, think I once remember somebody telling me it was at Hands rd but not sure.:confused:

I lived at Crookes for 20 odd yrs and still don't know where Crookes becomes Walkley, think I once remember somebody telling me it was at Hands Rd but not sure.:confused:

This is a pertinent question and I don't have the definitive answer. It may be that the restaurant side of the road is S10 and the opposite side S6 (Walkley)? You don't have far to go to the tangential Heavygate Road (the tardis has long since gone) but where the top end is, it is certainly regarded as Crookes as it nears Crookes bus terminus.

I think Commonside as it moves towards School Road is certainly S10 and viewed as Crookes. The top part of Crookesmoor Road is also Sheffield 10.

When I read the OP, I was scratching my head (a) I don't use restaurants but hadn't seen one as described on the main thoroughfare which is called Crookes - thus my wife was summoned. I would still term it Walkley as it is on the Walkley bus route, runs into Howard Road and South Road which are deemed to be Walkley. This is just a viewpoint but at least the diner has the phone number and your recommendation.:thumbsup: