Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Hi Jackie!!,

I don't know if you remember me, but I certainly remember you!! My names Steve and I used to go out with Shirley Freeman (for about 7 years) around the end of the 70's, start of the 80's!! I used to have a moustache, hair like Phil Lynott, and I'm quite tall!! :headbang: I'm in one of those photos, that's on this thread.

We were always in the Wap, or Penthouse (Rebels), or later, boozing with my mates. Yes, they were good times......

Do you see anything of Shirley Freeman? I haven't seen her for about 5 or 6 years. Last time I saw her she was working at Boots (Chemist) at Meadowhall. She seemed well enough. Slightly aggressive as usual!! She said that she was still living at Stannington, but I haven't bumped into her since.

Speak to you later,

hi Steve. :D:cool:

Idiot or what I ask myselfH :hihi:

Yup I do remember you from the wap rebels and penthouse.:gag::gag: N yep I do see shirley every now n then in nelson.

Tho not seen her fer about two years maybe three. when last seen she was still with boyfriend Tony they'd bought a camper van n were off too nottingham for a rock disco. the following week. Yes she still lives in Stannington but don't know if she still works for boots as last time i saw her i told her that my dad had passed away n that was 2005. had a short conversation wiv her then she left the nelson so haven't seen her since :wave:later jackie

:wave:

Anyone remember rich from KGB. Still trying to find out what he's doing these days or if he still alive :suspect: not seen or heard of him fer years. last sighting was in Grapes Trippet lane about 1986

:headbang::wave: jackie

Yo:thumbsup::D stevie baby

Just thought I'd tell you I'm still looking for a decent photo of myself for the thread. Still got those photo's you said you'd scan fer me but not heard where or when to bring em to you cheers later :wave:jackie

:D Frenchman

Yep I remember Judas Priest playing at The Top Rank. £6 on door weren't it :?: and on a sat night :cool:

Only trouble with that is I'm now a lifelong fan of Priest. :love: Been to see em several times since then n they always put on a good show. Last concert I went to was The Angel Of Retribution gig at arena October 2005 I think n they didn't let me down had a brill night n looking forward to em coming back to Sheffield soon I hope as couldn't get to download oncert last weekend n only other gig is in Manchester so won't be going to that one either later jackie:wave:

:wave::bigsmile: all who know me

Not been on the thread for a while

:hihi::banana:

Looking for Liz Claypole used to work in the Cloakroom at the Penthouse 197677 (maybe a little later ) thereabouts. Liz was a big pretty girl with long Dark Hair used to live at Wincobank (92 Sandstone Rd ? I think or summat like ) not far from The Roman Ridge Pub arrived at about ten due to bus taking what seemed like forever n left about midnight cud be wrong ) went there once fer a pissup ended up supping Pernod n Lemonade.

Saw her boyfriend in the Nelson Last Saturday and passed on my email addrress n Msn and Mobile number along wiv my user name n said to look out for it when online.

If anybody out there knows where she is n wot she doin these days tell her to ring me or get her arse down to Nelson or Sportsman on a Saturday Night i'll be there that's a promise :clap:: headbang:

Got a promise that both would be down last night but alas :sad: no sign of either of em. So liz I'm alive n kickin I know you out there so pick up the Bloody phone n give me a ring or get in touch via this forum. You have my house number as well So RING ME!!!!!!!!!! RING ME!!!!!!!! RING ME!!!!!!!!!! PLZ !!!!! PLZ!!!! PLZ !!!! be great to get in touch again n swap stories cheers Jackie :wave:(she might remember me as Jackie Ball )

hey jackie i first saw priest at the scala theatre rotheram in 75 i think went straight to violet mays the next day and bought sad wings of destiny album, still got it amongst many others in me shed now lol. the support at the scala was budgie wow!! happy days:D

:hihi:Fremchman

Good to hear from someone who likes Judas Priest. Just to inform you I also have all The Priest Records and several cds even the latest one The Prophecies oF nostradamus tho haven't actually managed to get to a concert this year as they not been In Sheffieldv but have managed to listen to the first CD not quite managed the full set as am either working Shifts or going out jackie

used to go in the wap, nelson, penthouse etc in the 70s, from about 75 t0 1980, great memories

:wave: einjasper

Yep I remember the name Shultz from the Wap and Penthouse :huh:

Sorry :confused: can't place a face with the name tell him (if he still alive n kickin ) :suspect: he'll have to go down to the Nelson Or Sportsman on a saturday night n reintroduce himself to me. I can be found usually near the big black gates at the bottom of the stairs in the Nelson most saturday nights with husband Jack

If he don't remember me or the name Jackie he might recognise the description of me somewhere on this thread.

Soz can't help other than that as there's no photo's of on site at present still workin on it :hihi:

I actually haven't changed that much just older n wiser n slightly larger than I was in the Penthouse n Wap days but still recognizable nonetheless. :wave:

cheers jackie

Hi,

Just curious to know when you were on the door? I can remember two guys both called Mick, lovely chaps and very even tempered, little Mick wore glasses and had a thumb missing. A few years after we had Chris with his dog Taz and Russel who are both featured in the pics. With them was Robin who the girls all said had 'come to bed eyes' [girls will know what I mean]

A smoothie drunk and thrown out of Henry's came across one evening and managed to put his fist through the wire mesh glass door panel, the police merely had to follow the trail of blood, one other guy on the door at the time of Chris was a character called Wolf who went on to guard door at the Hornblower.

Wallbuilder,

Just found this site and your post is old so not sure if you are still operating. I was a Mick on the door at the Wap, started out at the Buccaneer, then when that close moved over, I was on the door from about 1972 at Buc until 1976 at Wap. I am 6'3" and often work a black jacket with yellow trim. Not sure if I am the Mick you remember.

Hi Mick

The pair that I remember used to come up from the Wap to work at the Kay Gee Bee.

I am always interested to hear of another old Wap resident coming out of the woodwork and tend to point anyone interested at the Rock Reunited site which may have pics on it that you'd recognise.

And I'm still waiting to hear from some-one who knows what became of Maggie the mod.

"what goes round comes round"

hi mick :wave:

Just curious to know who you meant by wolf.:huh:

I know a guy called eric aka wolfie if thats the one you mean :? but don't know if he ever worked on the door at the hornblower he might have done on odd occassions. but he could usually be found in the penthouse / rebels or wap usually a bit worse for wear.:loopy: most fri sat nights suspect: :headbang:

ahhhhh !!!!!!! those were the days:gag::gag:

I know Mick eccles as well ( John Lennon Glasses and half a thumb missing) they both still alive and kicking eric on his third marriage and Mick still single when I saw him a few years back .

Oh and wall builder one of the julia's I asked about a few months ago is alive and well (in her 50's same as me ) she was in the Nelson with husband Mick and her daughter sat night. She not changedt hat much a bit rounder and more mature than she used to be but still the same much like everybody else from the Wap/ Rebels, KGB era l8a jackie :wave: