Sheffield's Competition

I'm sorry to the mods, as I'm sure this thread will get merged, but there's that many to chose from on the subject, i thought it best to start afresh.

Anyway - the britain in bloom thing. Well done to the council - firstly for all the work, and secondly - for not mentioning at all on their website that we lost! and to stockport - excellent! and to top that, Jan Wilson says something along the lines of "i'm glad that Sheffield is competing with cities like Aberdeen and Cardiff".

Are they Premier League Cities? And losing to Stockport? I just think that aspiring to the likes of Cardiff and Aberdeen is a little short sighted, and perfectly sums up this council's attitude as to what Sheffield should become.

Or is that now the reality? Are we so far behind Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol and Nottigham, that we have to suffice with being compared to Cardiff, Huddersfield and Rubgy forever more?

Archived