Calling all Paintball players!

but these guns are legal so would we still end up in court?

Because by using them in a public place you are commiting an offence.

You may end up with just a quick telling off, but in the worst case scenario you could end up surrounded by armed Police and arrested.

and does anyone know anywhere else we can play on some private land?
No, but if you find somewhere then PM me.

The best bit of advice if you want to start playing often and on the cheap is get yourself to Dangerzone on the second Sunday of every month.

It will cost you a lot less than it costs on normal days as you have your own kit and can use your own paint etc. and you'll end up playing against people worth playing against who are mostly quite friendly too.

The marshalls up there are an alright bunch and and the playing areas are good.

I was told pretty much the same when I started and was looking to play in public areas and I am glad I started there.

If you play on private land you will need a large CO2 canister to reload from, these can be hired and if there are enough players it's not too badly priced.

Paintballs can be bought cheap in bulk, although shop around as some places claim to be cheap but are crap. Also make sure the balls are decent and aren't just going to jam in your marker.

If you really do want to play on private ground it will take a bit of organising and some extra cost. Playing at Dangerzone or somewhere similar (but avoid Skirmish, they are crap) means all the safety stuff, CO2 filling stations and playing areas are all taken care for you.

Like I say, if you get it sorted though or get enough people together then give me a shout.

30 - 50 people would be ideal.

how much does it cost in total to play at dangerzone on the walk on days?

do they charge extra for CO2 refills?

i've seen some videos and i dont think i'd like playing the game that you play on a open field without any trees at all, where u just run around like a phsyco wasting all you ammo (not sure of the exact name of that game). i've played in woods before with laser guns and enjoyed that a lot, played with other friends, we use to do 2 teams and a certain amount of shots on one person kills, thats why i want to get paintball guns now.

on these walk on days, do you have to play with everyone else who's there or could a certain amount of us play our own game there too?

Just for information:

Possession of firearms in a public place

The Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003 Sec 37 amends Section 19 of The Firearms Act 1968, which deals with possessing certain firearms in a public place.

A person commits an offence if, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse (the proof whereof lies on him / her) he / she has with him in a public place

(1) a loaded shotgun

(b) an air weapon (whether loaded or not)

© any other firearm (whether loaded or not) together with ammunition suitable for use in that firearm, or

(d) an imitation firearm.

The above is effective from 20th January 2004.

The law classes Paintball markers / guns as air weapons.

It's also illegal if the Paintball marker / gun fires above 330fps. This would make the marker illegal. Most sites operate a 300fps limit.

And it's also worth keeping in mind that the law also requires your marker to be set up to fire one shot per trigger pull. Any more than one shot makes it illegal. Most sites won't allow them to be used on their fields either.

So if you are in a public place with your marker, loaded and gassed or not, you are commiting and offence. It should always be dismantled and bagged when transporting it and never used in a public place.

Aside from the legal side of it, remember that you are going to be firing balls at around 300fps. That's fine for people wearing proper protective gear, but if a passer by is hit by one they could be seriously injured, especially if hit in the face.

It's not worth taking Paintball stuff in to the public.

If you find private land to play on, make sure it's safe, you have permission, have netting or similar to prevent shots from entering a public or populated area etc. and then give me a call :D

how much does it cost in total to play at dangerzone on the walk on days?
£15 gets you a days play, which includes lunch (if your stomach can handle it :gag::D )

If you take your own kit and balls then that's it, if not then they sell balls and pyros on site and the price obviously depends on what you want.

do they charge extra for CO2 refills?
Nope, it's free.

i've seen some videos and i dont think i'd like playing the game that you play on a open field without any trees at all, where u just run around like a phsyco wasting all you ammo (not sure of the exact name of that game). i've played in woods before with laser guns and enjoyed that a lot, played with other friends, we use to do 2 teams and a certain amount of shots on one person kills, thats why i want to get paintball guns now.
Forget the field stuff, it's crap. That's tournament style. They don't play that at Dangerzone, it's all recball / woodsball, which is much better.

We are put in to two teams and play over many different types of game area. There's a small village, a bridge, hellicopter, fort, general battlefield with obstacles and a saving private ryan type area. They are all fun and it's normally a case of elimination or capture the flag.

on these walk on days, do you have to play with everyone else who's there or could a certain amount of us play our own game there too?
Nope, all walk ons play together. It's more fun that way. You don't want mini games kicking off when you can have a large group battling it out or storming the huts in the 'streets' area.

There's a lot of room on most areas, so it's never cramped and games can be quite furious at times and most people enjoy working together in teams usign decent tactics. You'd be suprised how quickly you are getting on with people and how soon you get the hang of it.

so what gun/marker have you got/use?

do you think that the tippmann 98 custom is a good gun? you used it by any chance?

i'm gonna try to find some land then, get in contact with some farmers and stuff, if i do find some, i'll let ya know. if theres a few of us (like 15) or more then we can all chip in and it should work out alot cheaper than £15 a day.

so what gun/marker have you got/use?
I have a Tippmann A5. I've added a few things to it since it was purchased, so it's not the standard model any more.

I have a remote line to my battle pack to reduce weight, longer barrel for accuracy, decent stock to tuck in to the shoulder and have also modified the trigger to allow me to fire faster (while still obbeying the law with one pull one shot). I plan to add some other stuff at some point, but paintball stuff isn't cheap and I have other commitments that take first place.

do you think that the tippmann 98 custom is a good gun? you used it by any chance?
The 98 is an excellent marker.

I had a 98 for my second marker that replaced the Ebay cheapo marker I had at first (Ebay no longer allow the selling of them on their site). The cheapo marker was crap and let me down, but the Tippmann 98 was excellent. They are reliable, accurate and easy to maintain. You can't seem to break them.

I didn't modify my 98, just bought a motorised hopper for it which made quite a bit of difference. My mate has it now and has added a stock to it which helps accuracy.

i'm gonna try to find some land then, get in contact with some farmers and stuff, if i do find some, i'll let ya know. if theres a few of us (like 15) or more then we can all chip in and it should work out alot cheaper than £15 a day.

£15 for a day's paintballing is excellent. You should look around and I doubt you'll find anywhere that beats their price.

While I am interested in playing legally on other areas, please keep in mind that if you start your own private gaming area you really need to check up on the safety and legal issues. Injuries can occur easily and private games on private land tend to have less precautions.

Also keep in mind the landscape etc. Dangerzone has 2 level forts, a helicopter, small village and other stuff. It would take a while to build something like that.

By the way, I don't work or have anything to do with DZ apart from playing there, but since I bought my own kit I've quickly learnt it's better to play at their place or another proper paintballing place than try to run your own.

Like I said though, keep me informed if you get anything going though.

i started wotk up there as a marshall yesterday ands its good fun and the place is run really well.

i am a keen paintballer and i would like to join a club but i canrt find 1 msg me if u know 1:help: :help: :help:

Just to let you all know, Dangerzone have changed their walk on days from the second Sunday of each month to the first.

This means the next walk on day, where you can take your own kit, is on the 4th of June.

I'm going up with 3 others and I know there'll be a decent turn out as the weather's getting better. If you have your own kit get yourself to Dangerzone (Strines, Sheffield) on the 4th.

i am a keen paintballer and i would like to join a club but i canrt find 1 msg me if u know 1:help: :help: :help:

I don't know of any clubs for paintballing, but if you play woodsball / recball then try Dangerzone, details in my post above ^^^

Hi just come across this forum but might have some interesting stuff for you, I am a marshall for powerplay paintball at brighouse they also have a site at wakefield both do walk on days. also i play as walk on. last played at dangerzone on 7th may its a good site and will be there on the next one.

I use a smartparts ion with an air system and power feed hoper so for anybody wanting a good marker i can recomend this as the marker costs 150 quid and will fire up to 17 shots per second, the only downside is you use a lot of paint but the grin factor is well worth the extra paint :hihi:

Also have played at site in doncaster bawtry paintball fields this site is a bit more expensive but you can take your own paint and is well worth the trip. The walk on days are 25 quid and the next one is 18th june.

As for the paint i use proto from planeteclipse.com they are in manchester check out the web site