Sign in to follow this  

Birdcage in manchester

i'm going to birdcage in manchester in a couple of weeks for my birthday, i have heard it is a great night, Has anyone been?

What did you think?

i'm going to birdcage in manchester in a couple of weeks for my birthday, i have heard it is a great night, Has anyone been?

What did you think?

Yes i am going this Friday night and i will let you know what it is like.......

Its awful in my opinion, but there again if you like tacky venues, stag and hen parties, cheap commoners or kingdom crossed with a pinch of drag you'll probably love it. Sorry thats just my opinion, I think I'll stick with what I know, good old Canal St, not just some place that charges the earth for very little apart from some washed up drag queen and a bar full of slappers. And this coming from someone who lives in Manchester. THere are are better places you could visit.

Went to birdcage in leeds on a christmas works do (70 women) we all enjoyed it so much i am booking it for a hen night.Yes its abit cheesy but a good laugh if you get in the spirit of things.....have a great time.

I am a professional Drag Queen, in fact one of the best known in Sheffield, and I've applied to work at the (new) Birdcage in Manchester, a spinoff from the original one in Leeds. however, my application was rejected because the management thought I was too haughty or above my station ( I am highly original after all in my act), but so many drag queens are like that.

As i am fully knowledgeable about the Gay Scene, I know that a lot of bad things have been said about the Manchester Birdcage, that their shows are limited to short snatches of performance in between long intervals of DJ music, whereas other Manchester venues such as the New Union on Canal St. have full-length drag shows which are more in the spirit of the traditional Gay Drag Cabaret.

However, in Manchester and everywhere else, the Drag Scene has been in a terrible state of flux, with excellent venues such as Bar Risa in the Manchester 'village' changing hands and discontinuing drag shows (The Manchester Ladyboys show I saw there a couple of years ago was THE MOST AWESOME drag show I've ever scene, and why they had to end drag there, i don't know. There was an excellent Drag cabaret venue at 'Diamonds' in Rotherham a few years ago, but that suddenly closed in July 2 years ago due to financial problems. In Sheffield, the drag scene has its ups and downs too, with shows at the various gay venues on and off throughout the year.

Nevertheless, even a venue such as the Birdcage is, in my opinion a welcome addition to the Manchester Scene, as the more drag venues out there, the more incentive there is to compete, like a tide which raises all boats.

If anyone is interested, they could book my own show for a venue of their chosing right here in Sheffield, at very competitive rates. Just pM me for details.

BTW, I have to be off now for a booking TONIGHT at the Urban Splash launch party at Parkhill Community Centre!

Is anyone coming to this?

From about £120 per full show in Sheffield or Rotherham.

For further afield, travel/hotel expenses have to be added.

Sorry -addendum. PM me for details of my show if you like -but I'll have to clear some old messages from my inbox as it is rather full.

I'm off to Ireland for ALTERNATIVE MISS IRELAND until Tuesday morning.

Just to update, the show at the Parkhill launch event last night was FANTASTIC, everyone enjoyed the food, drink, bingo and most of all the entertainment laid on, courtesy of myself and the comedy duo who also performed there.

how long is your show and i wanted soemone for about 1-2 hours just to liven the people up

What did you think?

Was ok on Friday night good entertainmentyou will enjoy it.