Back pain, Chiropractioner

Due to many years of lifting people (there was no training for this kind of thing in Social Services 24 years ago), my back tends to be a bit delicate sometimes.

I went to a Chiropractor at Handsworth for several months, around 7 years ago. My back/neck just didn't seem to be getting better - it always felt sore so I stopped going. Within a couple of weeks (allowing the inflammation to subside), my back was 100% better.

I still occasionally crick my neck, but suffer very little now. I would absolutely recommend you go to a Chiropractor, they are wonderful.

HI Ally,

I mentioned you to him and he did remember you!

My back was alot better this time. Your right he is really good. I just have to remember to use the ice packs. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

He did remember that you back went aswel.

I have his number if you want it. How long ago was it you saw him?

HI Ally,

I mentioned you to him and he did remember you!

My back was alot better this time. Your right he is really good. I just have to remember to use the ice packs. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

He did remember that you back went aswel.

I have his number if you want it. How long ago was it you saw him?

Oooh, it's along time ago the last time I saw him. How long is it since he left the Broomhill practice? To be honest I haven't had any problems like I used to have before I saw him. I thank him for that, I really do! You could pass on his number for future reference incase I do need anything sorted.

I'm glad you also have found relief from your back pain. I know how bad it can be!

Has anyone on here seen a chiropracter in Sheffield, whats your experience been?

Hope you're feeling better - I go to Sheffield Clinic of Complementary medicine on Ecclesall Rd- did my back in picking up a full compost bin 12 years ago and having a desk job doesn't help - I go to see Brendan Robertson every 3 months or if I have a glair-up and he is amazing. I would pay him to crunch my bones/ muscles/ whatever everyday if I could afford to. Physio is such a waste of time compared with chiro.

Ally68. he is married now, i think, I think he remembers you fondly : )

His number and to anyone who wants to book an appointment is: 07813496395

Ally68. he is married now, i think, I think he remembers you fondly : )

His number and to anyone who wants to book an appointment is: 07813496395

:o I'm married too, so don't know what you're implying there! :hihi:

NO i just meant like you being friendly and he is friendly, I didnt mean like that :(

NO i just meant like you being friendly and he is friendly, I didnt mean like that :(

Yes, I know what you mean. He's a really nice guy. :)

Hi All,

I see Dr Andrew Carr at his Middlewood Clinic for my back pain and his treatment is brilliant! Very effective and professional.

Before Christmas I bent over to lift a load of bags into the car at Meadowhall and my back went. It felt like a hot knife had been pushed into the bottom of my spine! I went to my GP who gave me pain killers and told me it would go away on my own but a month later it was still there!

I looked up Chiropractors in the BT phone book and saw the ad for his clinic at Wadsley Park/Middlewood in Hillsborough so I rang up and he fitted me in the same day. He gave me a full exam and showed me the joint my pain was coming from. Then he twisted me and my back went CRACK!!! When I got up the pain was so much better and now I can move around without hurting.

I would recommend him to anyone. DONT SUFFER, get it sorted!!!!!

I'll dig out his business card today and post his clinic address/phone when I get in tonight if anyone wants it?

My other half and I both have back trouble and went to Broomhill Clinic for treatment when Andrew was there but then he suddenly left and we turned up and were seen by someone else.

We both thought Andrew was good, the female chiropractors don't seem to have the same strength. Andrew used to get some good "cracks".

Thanks for the number and info.

Dug out his business card. It says he is at

Carr Clinic Group

50 Middlewood Drive East

Wadsley Park Village

Sheffield

S6 1RS

Appointments 07813 496 395

His work email (on his card) is [email protected]

My back went today; worryingly I can't put my finger on what I was doing to cause it to go this time. Having my usual trouble walking and standing up straight, which is a pity as I'm still trying to straighten the house up after my refurb (I was out at my folks' when it went so no exertion today). My hips also ache because my movement is so hampered.

I'm seriously considering trying out Mr Carr based on this thread, although I have no idea what to expect (after only ever experiencing limited NHS physio). Also what kind of fee are we talking about and does he do Westfield?