Hockey teams in Sheffield

Any suggestions of clubs besides the big ones (ie: Sheffield Hallam and SUBHC)? I don't play to a very high level, so although there are usually teams available, the Subs and match fees tend to reflect the level of the top teams in the club. I'd still like to get a good game and stand a chance of winning and a friendly team, but at a more affordable price!

Hey,

Im moving to sheffield in october and want to join a hockey team im 22 and havent played since a few years so likely to be a bit rusty! . Does anyone know if the one in abbeydale sport club is still going on thursday nights at 7? Ill actually be living in crookesmoor so if anyone knows of any teams in that area id be greatfull if you could let me know.

thanks

Any suggestions of clubs besides the big ones (ie: Sheffield Hallam and SUBHC)? I don't play to a very high level, so although there are usually teams available, the Subs and match fees tend to reflect the level of the top teams in the club. I'd still like to get a good game and stand a chance of winning and a friendly team, but at a more affordable price!

Hi try chapeltown hockey club - e-mail me for details - 2 ladies teams and probably lowest subs in the area

I've been to Sheffield Hockey club training but found that almost all of the girls there were significantly younger than me and felt a bit like there was an assumption that I knew nothing just cos I was new to the club... Also, I can't train on Wednesdays as I go riding then and won't change that for anything...

Any suggestions of other clubs... I'm competitive but winning's not the be all and end all for me - the taking part, getting a blast out on the field and having good socials (where I can talk to people that get where a 30 yr olds coming from) is what I'm looking for...

chapeltown hc - good social set up and train on a monday night at hinde house school near concorde sc

Hi, I would also like to get back into hockey- played when I was at college but Im 24 now, so very rusty and not too fit! I live between sheffield and chesterfield so if anyone knows of any teams please can you let me know. Thanks