Hockey teams in Sheffield

Hi ya lizzie,

Sheffield hockey club run 6 ladies sides at Abbeydale sports club on Abbeydale rd south and train on thursday night starting at 7pm. Your more than welcome to watch for a while if you dont fancy a go straight away. Ask for Jim Tasker when u get there and he will point you in the right direction.

There are a number of hockey teams in Sheffield that play in the Sheffield and District women's hockey league. Sheffield play in the Yorkshire league, I think and are a big club. Some of the smaller teams in the league I mentioned, take things less seriously and would be glad of the new members. I play for a smaller team. We train once a week and play most Saturdays from Sept to March. Where are you located? I can put you in touch with a team that trains near you.

Most of the teams are not big sports clubs like Sheffield but there are a few that train and play near to you. King Edward's school have a couple of teams that play there regularly and they are probably the nearest ones. The others are out at Rotherham, Chesterfield, Dronfield so it's a bit of a trek. I will PM some contacts to you. I should be encouraging you to play for my team but it's too far - I am keen to encourage new players everywhere for the good of the game!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...