Hillsborough Hotel - bargainous meals in January - now extended!

Meaks

Had my tea in the Hillsborough Hotel tonight - two meals for six quid all month. They told me the menu will be changed weekly. Nice fresh food served 'til 7:30.

Bargain! :)

(not to mention the ale... :love: )

Edit - 03/04/2007: Price has now gone up to two meals for £8. The £6 offer was only going to be for Jan but was extended. Still great value for money though! :thumbsup:

Is the beer still OK? I went in a couple of months back and my pint was cloudy, warm and off-tasting. I was amazed as the beer quality was always spot on. I didn't finish it and couldn't be bothered with the hassle of taking it back (as I'd had enough by then anyway!). I did hope it was a rogue pint, but the thought of the taste of a bad pint does put you off a place for a bit.

Had my tea in the Hillsborough Hotel tonight - two meals for six quid all month. They told me the menu will be changed weekly. Nice fresh food served 'til 7.

Bargain! :)

(not to mention the ale... :love: )

Do you boys ever stay indoors and put your feet up :rolleyes:

Is the beer still OK? I went in a couple of months back and my pint was cloudy, warm and off-tasting. I was amazed as the beer quality was always spot on. I didn't finish it and couldn't be bothered with the hassle of taking it back (as I'd had enough by then anyway!). I did hope it was a rogue pint, but the thought of the taste of a bad pint does put you off a place for a bit.

Well I haven't had a bad pint in there recently - in general it seems to be very well kept. :thumbsup::)