Playstation novice needs help

OK so this Christmas we got our son a playstation2, but one of his favorite PC games is also a playstation game and as the PC is giving up on life I've got him the game.

Where I need help is the ps2 will not save the playstation game to the memory card (it keeps asking for one to be put in but one's already there).

Is it possible to save a playstation game on a ps2 system, or do I have to get an old playstation for older non ps2 games?

Can anyone help?

:huh:

If I remember correctly I had to save a PS1 game onto a PS1 memory card, when using my PS2.

If I remember correctly, you will need an ORIGINAL PLAYSTATION MEMORY CARD to save a Playstation 1 game onto it. They used to be 1MB and the PS2's memory card size is 8MB and for some reason, aren't compatible.

^^^ *edit* posted same time ;)

Thats right i had same problem, you can put ps2 memory card in one slot and ps1 card in another slot. I got a ps1 memory from ebay for about a fiver delivered