Bad service at la vida loca

demon006

has anyone ever been to la Vida loca in hillsborough its a little Italian restaurant me and my wife visited said restaurant on 2 occasions the first time they took ages to serve us then got our orders wrong nothing too bad so we didn't mind too much this time we went again and they had a party on so we waited and they served us eventually again they messed up our order and then told me they couldn't correct it then my wifes food looked to have half a bucket of water in it as well so i complained and spoke to the manager who then went on to abuse me swear at me and be completely rude and abusive so if anyone is thinking of going for a meal DO NOT go there unless you want unsatisfactory service long waiting times and abusive waiters and managers who aren't open to listening to any complaints

I have 2 questions for you here

1) How come it is an Italian resteraunt when the name of it is in Spanish?

Surely it would be called La Vita Pazzesca if it was Italian

2) The name of the Resteraunt actually means "the crazy life". Why do you expect to get calm respectful service in a place which is clearly labelled as some kind of madhouse?

Sorry Demon006, but I just don't believe this to be the case.

I have been patronising La Vida Loca for many years, and have never had a bad experience there. I have, however, had the occasional meal I was not happy with, and had a polite apology and a prompt replacement.

I know the owner / manager (Nadya) personally these days as I have been a customer for so long, and simply can't believe that this was your experience. I have been there literally hundreds of times over the years, and have never seen anyone spoken to, or treated in the way you describe.

I have 2 questions for you here

1) How come it is an Italian resteraunt when the name of it is in Spanish?

Surely it would be called La Vita Pazzesca if it was Italian

2) The name of the restaurant actually means "the crazy life". Why do you expect to get calm respectful service in a place which is clearly labeled as some kind of madhouse?

lol thanx for your comments i didn't know what la Vida loca stood for as usual with a restaurant i expected to be treat with respect and clearly i was not my wife has just informed me the restaurant is actually a Spanish Mexican and Italian all in one i don't see how that is possible to have all three in one place especially as there menu is 90% Italian which only leaves 10 percent for the rest

lol thanx for your comments i didn't know what la Vida loca stood for as usual with a restaurant i expected to be treat with respect and clearly i was not my wife has just informed me the restaurant is actually a Spanish Mexican and Italian all in one i don't see how that is possible to have all three in one place especially as there menu is 90% Italian which only leaves 10 percent for the rest

So you have a complaint with the menu now as well as the service? Perhaps if you had done your research before you went you'd have been able to vent it here in your original complaint? :roll:

I cannot believe this.

I have been to La Vida Loca many, many times and I have NEVER come across anything even similar to what has been posted here.

Nadia (who works very hard seven nights a week) is anything but abusive - in fact she and her staff (especially Eddie :) ) are always friendly and welcoming, and whenever I have been the food has always been spot on (especially the mussels and Pollo Picante :love: ).

Its not strictly an Italian restaurant - the food is Italian and Hispanic (which isn't uncommon), is reasonably priced and unrushed.

Weekends can be a lot busier and a different experience from the quiet and intimacy of a week night, but I guess this is to be expected anywhere.

I am saddened to hear your experience of LVL doesn't match up with mine, but I will continue to be a very happy customer, as do many other forumers. :)

I cannot believe this.

I have been to La Vida Loca many, many times and I have NEVER come across anything even similar to what has been posted here.

Nadia (who works very hard seven nights a week) is anything but abusive - in fact she and her staff (especially Eddie :) ) are always friendly and welcoming, and whenever I have been the food has always been spot on (especially the mussels and Pollo Picante :love: ).

Its not strictly an Italian restaurant - the food is Italian and Hispanic (which isn't uncommon), is reasonably priced and unrushed.

Weekends can be a lot busier and a different experience from the quiet and intimacy of a week night, but I guess this is to be expected anywhere.

I am saddened to hear your experience of LVL doesn't match up with mine, but I will continue to be a very happy customer, as do many other forumers. :)

the fact that others have been to the restaurant many times means little. i have been there and had very poor service and have been abused and treat badly also it has come to my attention that the younger generation do not get treat as fairly as those of an older age it has also come to my attention that nomatter what is said on the forum you always have ppl trying to dicredit what is being said my expierence was terrible and i wanted to make sure that others do not have the problem i had therefore all you who wish to dumbdown what i have said do not have to comment you are only commenting i would guess becos i am of a younger age although i try to respect others and treat them as i would expect to be treated my self as i have worked in the hospitality trade i am fully aware of the level of respect and quality of service that is required by a restaurant to its patrons having worked in restaurants and bars as well as private homes and business,s i think i am a better judge than those who merely sit and eat

the fact that others have been to the restaurant many times means little. i have been there and had very poor service and have been abused and treat badly also it has come to my attention that the younger generation do not get treat as fairly as those of an older age it has also come to my attention that nomatter what is said on the forum you always have ppl trying to dicredit what is being said my expierence was terrible and i wanted to make sure that others do not have the problem i had therefore all you who wish to dumbdown [blah blah blah]

Honey I'm 27, not 77.

Are you seriously suggesting you have been '"abused" by going to a restaurant you didn't particularly enjoy..? :rolleyes:

Honey I'm 27, not 77.

Are you seriously suggesting you have been '"abused" by going to a restaurant you didn't particularly enjoy..? :rolleyes:

no what i am saying is i took my wife for what i thought was a nice meal at a decent restaurant and instead i took my wife to a restaurant where they employ rude staff cannon listen to simple food orders and treat some of there clientelle like crap

as other ppl have been to said place and had no problems i guess they just decided to treat me like this i could accept most things but being sworn at and abused i wcan and will not accept also being accused of shouting when i am partially deaf so do not always know how l;oud i am talking i take as a personal insult and will take this matter to the trading standards

no what i am saying is i took my wife for what i thought was a nice meal at a decent restaurant and instead i took my wife to a restaurant where they employ rude staff cannon listen to simple food orders and treat some of there clientelle like crap

as other ppl have been to said place and had no problems i guess they just decided to treat me like this i could accept most things but being sworn at and abused i wcan and will not accept also being accused of shouting when i am partially deaf so do not always know how l;oud i am talking i take as a personal insult and will take this matter to the trading standards

Okay, now you're deviating from one row to the other.

The staff here are not rude in this venue in anyones' opinion - apart from someone who has been accused of shouting and by his own admission is not always aware of how others perceive him. :) I'm not for one minute saying you're a trouble causer, but given the restaurant is in central Hillsborough, and may have a lot of loutish clientèle at certain times, did you try to explain about your hearing problem?

At the risk of repeating myself, I just can't see what you describe actually happening there without there being some kind of massive understanding.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but just for a second, try to see it from someone else's' point of view.

K.