Advice what to do about my dog (aggression since loss of owner)

What's their feeding routine like? are they able to eat together.

they feed alright together and there as never been anything like this with them until after my hubby died the most the older one as done is growl at the younger one to like show her she is boss and she as backed away.

the house had been very disruptive when my hubby was ill they had to go outside a lot or in the porch as he could not cope with them around when he was so ill, then after he died everything was caotic with her

i thought i was making some progress with her until the other night

she as been very good today, well good for her, my son took the younger one upstairs to his room for her to sit with him this evening while the older one stayed with me and she just sat quietly in front of fire by my legs then i brought her upstairs when i came on computer and she as been fine

i think we are all still uptight with losing my hubby that things will have to take time to get back to normal. i think you forget that dogs feel it too

I've been thinking about how you're getting on. How's it going?? Keep us posted!

just letting you know the dog as been ok and not had another incident yet

she seems to be taking notice more of me and i seem to be getting through to her and she seems more relaxed

problems occur when my sons come over that dont live at home she tends to get too excited and will take no notice of what i say to her and it takes a while to settle her down and the other dog is same, but when its just me and the dogs shes been fine.

i think she is getting to realise that when she behaves she can be in the house more and when she is naughty she goes into the porch.

i think its a two way thing, i seem more relaxed with her myself and are making friends again after such a long time of not giving her much attention.as for the last year she as not had much attention what with my hubbys illness then his death, she may have blamed me in a way, felt pushed out. even though most days i said sorry to her that she could not be in the house more and was pushed in the porch or outside, as she had not been used to that.also my hubby could not give her his attention, she probably wondered what she had done wrong bless her.

I'm so glad things are getting better between you cazann...

It's horrible when you don't get on with your dogs - we've all been through it I'm sure. Takara and I have had a few spats when we've totally fallen out with eachother and have stayed in separate rooms sulking!

As for when your sons come round, you really need their input on this. Make sure that they know that you need the dog to listen to you. Ask them not to fuss the dogs until you say so. If you are giving commands to the dogs and they're not listening to you because they're excited, ask your sons to turn around and ignore the dogs until the dogs listen to you again.

This should work very well because the dogs are obviously desperate for attention from your sons so will work out very quickly that unless they listen to you, your sons will ignore them. As soon as they listen to you and do as you ask, your sons can give them the attention they crave.

Good luck! Keep us updated!