Moving to s7 abbeydale rod

hello all! my family and i are moving from Manchester next week to Abbeydale road....what is it like? Are there any good places for kids? does anyone know of any good Nursaries etc. Need to make friends too...!!awww sounds sad doesn't it!

Sheffield is a great place if you have kids

Its also OK if you dont :)

Theres lots to do for big, middle size and small kids

How old are your loves?

Lots of nurseries too

Pick one near work would be my advice

What have you come across to do?

Has work dragged you over?

Good luck

Deepak

Hi

Abbeydale road is quite a long road so it varies in house styles and general feeling quite a bit.

I'm not very good with nurseries and the like but little kids always like the mini railway which is just off Abbeydale road near Dore road, it's open most sundays throughout the summer.

In the church hall behind carterknowle methodist they do have some activities I think it is a mother and toddlers group, there's a small cafe there where you could probably get info.

If you've got a dog then there are loads of places for walking the beastie and Ecclesall woods is a great place to wear the kids out as well.

They say that Sheffield folk are friendly and so striking up conversations with the neighbours or people at the bus stop is a lot easier than it is in some places.

Any further questions can probably be answered by folk on the forum who in the most are friendly if a bit mad.

Hiya - I live in Woodseats, a stones throw away from Abbeydale Road and there is everything you would ever need, nurseries, schools shops and lots of lovely friendly people in my opinion. The pubs are ok, something for everyone really. I hope you'll be very happy there.

hello!everyone says the people are friendly but unfortunatly our car was broken into this weekend! Moving up fully on friday and can't wait to go exzploring and meet new people! which are the best pubs?

just fancied a change!again! moved from wales to manchester 2 1/2 yrs ago and now to sheffield! The surroundings seem more suitable for us and really like the idea of the country and city in one. My child is 2 1/2.

how do you get to eccalsall woods? i know there is a City Farm near ours, do youknow what it is like?we'll be living close to Spar on Abbeydale.

By car ten minutes or less going out of town from the spar.

Go past the big 24 hour Tesco on the left, at the second set of ttraffic lights you'll see the Beauchief hotel and you'll of been seeing the woods on the right and they continue on further out of the city. The main paths are easy to negotiate and there are loads of smaller paths for the more determined walker.

Heeley city farm is fairly basic with a few animals to look at but not enthralling, they do have a nice cafe though and toilets which can be handy.

If you go to Graves park which isn't too far from you there is a rare breeds centre with goats, sheep, donkeys, highland cattle and piggies which most kids love. If you're a coffee addict like me then you'll be pleased to know there is a cafe as well.

Best pub? Well it depends what you're looking for, the Broadfield is popular with a wide age range although nowadays I prefer the Union in Netheredge.as it's a bit quieter. There aren't any pubs in the area that I'd tell you to avoid but they do vary in atmosphere quite a bit.

yeah there are plenty of entertainment in sheffield you will be fine dont worry