Family Of Eyre/Gooney

Hi everyone 

Im new to this Forum, but I’ve  come into possession of some old family documents recently, and I’m looking for any relatives of Tommy Gooney 14/12/1921-29/04/1970. My auntie was married to him her name was Margaret Eyre, I think they had a daughter named Sally?  But I no  evidence of this apart from a couple of photos of Sally with Margaret as a baby,  

My family were Eyre, there was my Grandad Leonard, my Grandma Edith, My uncles and auntie Leonard, Kenneth, Margaret, Clifford. They lived at 162 The Circle from  April 1939 to March 1941, then at 120 Windyhouse Lane up till October 1961 I think. (How do I know this? I have the rent books 👍) Then my Grandma and uncle move to Mount street.
The reason I’m asking, is that I have Tommys Birth certificate, marriage certificate divorce papers and death certificate, his parents were called Thomas Gooney, his mother was called Annie Elizabeth Elliott, formally Turner. They lived at 49 Cemetery Road.

Tommy then married Joyce Simpson on 14/09/1946, she lived at 197 Queen Mary Road, Tommy lived at 123 Wulfric Road. They eventually got divorced on 14/09/1946, she committed adultery…  

Tommy then met Margaret Eyre and they got married on 26/10/1957.  He was then living at 33 Fairfax Road. Finally He died on 29/04/1970 at Fairfax Road, Margaret dies on 01/05/1991. 

I’ve tried messaging people on Facebook but I’m not getting any response. It’s a long shot I know but there’s no harm in trying?

I was asking as I can post the documents out to anyone if they are related, doing a family tree etc. as I can’t bear to throw them away….

Edited by Gillj
Spelling mistake

I assume the date of birth is a typo - he actually seems to have been born in 1921 (otherwise he'd have been 5 when he married Joyce Simpson). There is a family tree of this family on Ancestry run by someone called Kerry Gooney, who may be his daughter by his first wife. If this isn't someone you've tried contacting already, I could message them on there and see if they're interested.

• Thanks 1

Hi Metalman. Yes my mistake it is 1921. If you could message her? I’m not on Ancestry, and no I haven’t messaged her before. Appreciate your help 👍🏼

Edited by Gillj
Spelling mistake

OK, I've done that. I'll let you know if she replies.

The problem with messaging people on Facebook is that if you aren't already friends with them, the message goes into a separate area and the person receiving it gets no notification that they have a message. You have to view all message requests to find them. Very few people seem to know this, which in real terms makes it almost impossible to attract the attention of someone you aren't friends with.

It will let them know that someone has sent a message who isn't on your friends list, I have had them, and I have sent them with no problems.

Replies have been pretty prompt, but it does ask them to accept or decline message

Edited by Cody's Granddad

I've had a reply from Kerry Gooney and yes, she would definitely like those documents. If you PM me your e-mail address I'll pass it on to her.

Incidentally I can't see any birth record for a Gooney with the mother's maiden name of Eyre.

Edited by metalman
added a bit
  • Thanks 1

I made another mistake but can’t seem to edit it again. Tommy and Joyce married on 14/09/1946 divorced on 14/04/1953

Just messaged her. Will let you know if I get a reply.