Carol singing on sheffield city hall steps

Hello folks,

Does anyone remember singing, as part of a school event, Christmas Carols on the city hall steps in the late 1960's-early 1970's? I believe that I was at King Edward V11 school, but it could have been earlier, when I was at Lydgate Lane Junior school. My memory isn't what it used to be, but the only other child I remember there was my neighbour, Susan Hatcliffe.

Does anyone remember taking part or even have any photos.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Mick Ward

Edited by nikki-red
too large a font

I remember singing outside the cathedral in 1968. My school was Dykes Lane Academy for Young Gentlemen,(Jordanthorpe):hihi:

I can recall everything going wrong as the sound system was not very good. The music teacher was Mr Kirkwood, who was excellent.

Hi melv,

Hmmm, sounds like the right era, but mine was definitely on the City Hall steps, I can remember the memorial column opposite. Maybe they had a different school each year, or maybe they had more than one school together. I was either at Lydgate Lane Junior School, or King Edward Seventh on Darwin Lane. All I can recall is how cold it was and the back of a girl's head!

Edited by mick58ward

I remember sing on the city hall steps ...I went to St. John Fisher school at Hackenthorpe ..remember the cold

Hi Sherman, I wish I could get to the bottom of this. All my life, I've been under the impression that it was only my school and that I was 'honoured' to have been chosen. lol;)