Sign in to follow this  

Jack archers Bramhall lane.

Does anyone remember the sports shop im sure was called Jack archers, they sold footy boots, and also repaired air guns, it was near to the junction with john street.

Yes i remember the shop very well,it was directly across the road from Richdales Brewery,there was a sweet shop next door then Harry Rayners newsagents shop.i used to goto Archers to get team sheets for our football club I often wondered if Jack Archer had been a sportsman in his day But never found the answer to that

Yes, I remember the shop very well. It was an excellent family business who cared about their customers. I can picture, well, the pleasant lady's face who worked in the shop but I never knew her name. The shop was a bit like my house, short of space with items placed on top of things. Someone requested a 'sports shop' this week on another thread. I would have sent him to Archers, yesterday, had they still been there!

I Remember That Shop. I Won An Autographed Football Of Sheffield United In A Raffle And Sold It To Them For About $8.00, This Was Back When Hodgkinson Was The Goalie