Michael Dunne family search

Michael Dunne born Ringsend Dublin ireland 1897 moved to Sheffield brother of Jimmy Dunne footballer who played for Sheffield Utd. We are trying to trace any living relatives of his family

The only Michael Dunne I could find was Michael Joseph Dunne he died in 1965 - probate shows a wife Kathleen Ralston Dunne. She was born 1904 died in 2002 but I couldn't find any children using a maiden name as Ralston - I couldn't find a marriage for a Michael Dunne to a Kathleen Ralston - perhaps they married in Ireland!!

Try posting your search on Sheffield Indexers they are very good at researching family history.

---------- Post added 31-10-2016 at 11:53 ----------

Just found Kathleen R Dunne on the electoral register in 2002 living with a Maureen Webster. Maureen P Dunne married a Peter Webster in 1965. I have looked for them but can not find any more info as yet.

Thank you. As far as I know they did have children but I will dig a bit more. Thanks for your help

---------- Post added 31-10-2016 at 12:54 ----------

So are you saying Maureen was their daugther? ?

Yes I think so - I checked the electoral roll for Kathleen who died in 2002 and she is on the roll along with Maureen Webster. I then checked the marriage register for a marriage of a Dunne and Webster and found a marriage to a Peter Webster in 1965, strangely he is not on the electoral with them.

So over the Christmas I've just been told that Michael did marry a Kathleen Ralston and they had a daughter called Maureen but I'm not sure if she is his biological daughter , have you found out anything else, I wonder if the daughter is still alive

sent you a pm

the 1939 register shows

Maureen Patricia Dunne(Webster) was born 1938 so hopefully she may still be alive

Kathleen R - 10 Dec 1903

Michael J 28 Aug 1894

althought the 1939 have incorrectly transcribe him as Richard

Edited by smary