Shopping in town

Shopping in Sheffield  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Shopping in Sheffield

• I want to go shopping in the city centre
    • I don't want to go shopping in town

Sevenstone?

Its all very well talking about retailers providing what people want. But maybe they don't need to spend time and money investing in Sheffield if the people are prepared to travel to Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool instead.

Cyclone does have a point about Meadowhall though. Manchester's Trafford Centre gets an amazing amount of visitors. Manchester city centre was dire until it got regenerated after the IRA bomb. Liverpool doesn't have an out of town shopping centre, instead making a centre of town one (Liverpool One).

Look at IKEA. OK, so Sheffield is finally getting one, but has the fact its not had one stopped Sheffield people from travelling to the other stores?

It is bizarre how the IRA essentially rescued Manchester city centre, they should have rebranded themselves the Irish Regeneration Agency and hired themselves out to local authorities in run down areas. There was even a regeneration event in Manchester a few years ago called "Every cloud..." They may as well have called it "Hats off to the IRA".

I aint been in Sheffield town centre for a good 10 months, so when i come down in a couple of weeks i will go have a walkabout and give you an outsiders perspective on it.

That'll explain why you've had a good ten months then. I went yesterday and feel awful. :P