What do you love about cycling?

I used to run a fair bit, but I found myself getting injured a lot doing that so I ended up taking up cycling instead.

For me, I love the speed and the distance you can cover, I enjoy getting out in the peak district and riding for miles as much as I enjoy the fitness and pushing myself aspect.

• 1 month later...

I love the speed, but still being able to feel the fresh air and getting some exercise without too much strenuous effort :D although I struggle to get much speed going up Sheffield hills...going down is fun though!

At the risk of derailing the thread, cyclists have as much right to use the roads as anyone else. They're just roads, not hallowed ground.

I commute by bike every weekday. So much better than being sat in a car. I ride in the peaks every Sunday morning, and weekday evenings when the days get longer. I have done for many years, met many friends through training, racing and general riding. I couldn't imagine not being a cyclist.

I'm the same, I can't function without cycling I just luv being fit, active and riding alone or with a group. I have a set regime of 26 miles a day in Bradfield covering 8 fantastic climbs, its tough but I always feel the benefit

I'm the same, I can't function without cycling I just luv being fit, active and riding alone or with a group. I have a set regime of 26 miles a day in Bradfield covering 8 fantastic climbs, its tough but I always feel the benefit

Nice.

I've got a course starting from near Halfway then to Hope Vally via Eckington, Dronfield and Owler Bar. Then up past the Scotsman's Pack in Hathersage, along Stanage Edge to Ladybower, back along to Hope, turn towards Edale then up over Mam Tor, down through Castleton then back home via Owler Bar, Dronfield and Eckington.

Apart from my commute, I struggle to get out on my bike more than a couple times a month, so I have to make the most when I can. It was a bit hairy being caught in a snow flurry last week climbing Mam Tor.

Touchwood, I'm moving to near Penistone soon, so I'm looking forward to climbing some of the hills around that neck of the woods soon.

Touchwood, I'm moving to near Penistone soon, so I'm looking forward to climbing some of the hills around that neck of the woods soon.

I've just moved out to Green Moor (well December) and have been cycling into Penistone regularly. A couple of weeks ago I decided to get back out properly so rode from Green Moor to Holmfirth. Was a lovely ride, TPT to penistone, then along towards Thurlstone.

Coming back was a different beast though - eek them hills were a struggle for someone who's not rode distance for a while.

Have also just been for a walk on the TPT towards Sheffield. Absolutely lovely and can't wait to get out on the bike.

Fantastic area of the world for cycling out here.