Where can I buy Fat Rascals

lilac

Hello

Hope someone can help :) Does anyone know where can I get hold of Fat Rascals? Either in Sheffield or round S. Yorks / Derbyshire . Happy to gorge myself in a cafe or carry a bag home with me!

Betty's are all I've been able to find online and I don't really want to travel that far.

The Blue Moon used to do them but I think they've stopped selling them.

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fat rascals recipe

Makes about 8 – triple the ingredients for a full cricket tea.

If you like to add some spice – a teaspoonful of cinnamon and a grating of nutmeg – go right ahead.

4oz /110g butter

10oz/280g self-raising flour

2oz/60g mixed peel

3oz/90g dark brown sugar

3oz/ 90g currants

5½floz/150ml sour cream

About 24 blanched almonds and 8 glace cherries, halved

1 Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.

2 Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture looks like fresh breadcrumbs. Stir in the mixed peel, sugar and currants. Mix in the sour cream to make a crumbly dough (add a splash of water if it won’t come together).

3 Divide the mixture into eight balls (they will be lighter if you allow them to be a bit rough around the edges) and arrange them on the baking sheet at least two inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly and press three almonds in to make a mouth, with halved glace cherries for the eyes. Bake for 15-20 minutes until deep golden brown and cooked through. Lift on to a wire rack to cool.