What qualifies an outsider to be a Sheffielder

Bring my son home to Sheffield, only to see the Blades mind , mam has sisters but we don't see eye to eye , but when we went Shopping , he turned to me and said did you understand anything she said , just laughed and said understood every word why ? Because I couldn't understand a word she said in his Irish accent. :hihi:

Anyone from outside isn't a sheffielder!

My son can never be from Sheffield, though he loves it , cause he's a paddie , me though , A'cliffe, Norfolk park , then Skyedge, though my accents almost gone after close to 25 yrs away full time ,though come over at least once a year.

Hollyconway;

you are mistaken. Your son "Was" a paddie. If Sheffield has been his home for 25 years and he loves it, he is a Sheffielder alright ! All paddies are welcome.

And no, you don't have to be living in Sheffield to be a Sheffielder ! Your heart just has to be in the right place, and visit as often as you can !

Hollyconway;

you are mistaken. Your son "Was" a paddie. If Sheffield has been his home for 25 years and he loves it, he is a Sheffielder alright ! All paddies are welcome.

And no, you don't have to be living in Sheffield to be a Sheffielder ! Your heart just has to be in the right place, and visit as often as you can !

You may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick my ould flower ,

I've lived out of Sheffield since 83 , my son lives at home , here in Dublin ,

He loves Sheffield ( why wouldn't he) , mostly to do with the shopping in Meadowhall mind .

Your right you don't have to live in Sheffield to be a Sheffielder , when I come through that train tunnel , on the way from Manchester , and Dore , Abbeydale, Bramall lane , and the city centre comes into view , every good and bad childhood memory comes flooding back , I love our city with a passion,

but , work , family, and a house mean I'll only ever be a visitor to our city .

My father (R.I.P.) and all his brothers , all Irish came over and helped build

our city , some of his Irish mates still live in Sheffield.