Babyblackbird care

i have a baby blackbird that i saved from cat last week they was no mum and dad around. I have been feeding it it mealworms. it has come on well but still not flying, im back at work now so its going be on its own during the day. Does anyone know way i can take it as im sure it would not survive at the moment if i left it in a bush to fend for itself.

Put it in a cage on a window ledge. That way it can get used to the out-doors and may even attract it's parents by its call. Make sure it it high enough on a ledge that the cat can't get at it, and make sure you secure the cage on the window ledge.

You could contact RSPB or look on their web site, that gives you tips on what to do with a young bird.

My granny used to put injured birds in a shopping basket hanging from the washing line. That way they're safe from cats until they can fly. A jumper or towel in the bottom for warmth...