Venues in sheffield that pay for cover bands

dean thom

hi all..i've been tasked with finding pubs that will pay for a cover band. we cover 70s/80s/90s rock songs- green day/sex pistols/blur/oasis/radiohead/kaiser chiefs/REM etc; sing a long stuff for a saturday night out.. we would be grateful for any suggestions

dean

• 2 weeks later...
Do West St live still insist on you using their PA and sound engineer and then charge you out of your fee for the pleasure.

In the years I've been playing there they've never done that. You're thinking of somewhere else that I won't name.

You use their PA but it's a welcome relief to us as it's a night off from lugging our 3k rig around.

In the years I've been playing there they've never done that. You're thinking of somewhere else that I won't name.

You use their PA but it's a welcome relief to us as it's a night off from lugging our 3k rig around.

No I'm thinking of the right venue where they knocked the engineers fee out of our gig money with no option not to use.

We had our own engineer and system but weren't allowed to use either.

No I'm thinking of the right venue where they knocked the engineers fee out of our gig money with no option not to use.

We had our own engineer and system but weren't allowed to use either.

There's more to that story I'm 100% certain.

When was this?

• 4 weeks later...

Just to clarify, we insist that cover bands use our house engineers as understandably we're not letting anyone we don't know use our £35,000 PA system, however the cover band fees and engineer wages are entirely mutually exclusive. Not sure on what arrangements the previous owner made with cover bands but that was over 6 years ago.