Sign in to follow this  

Alexander technique

Hi,

I have really bad posture, and a friend has recommended trying the alexander technique.

Can anyone give help or advice on a good practioner?

thank you

miss seamus

Thank you - it would be useful to find out more about bad posture, so I 'll have a look in my local bookshop.

Another friend has now suggested Pilates!

one of my house-mates is trained in the alexander technique. he's trying to build up his practice in the city and at the moment practices here on mondays and tuesdays, being engaged in other parts of the north the rest of the week. i'll direct him to this thread this coming monday when he returns and we'll take it from there!

one of my house-mates is trained in the alexander technique. he's trying to build up his practice in the city and at the moment practices here on mondays and tuesdays, being engaged in other parts of the north the rest of the week. i'll direct him to this thread this coming monday when he returns and we'll take it from there!

thanx

miss sxx

Alexander technique is amazing and has totally sorted me out on all sorts of fronts.

You need lessons really as books don't have the same impact.

I was taught by Graham Crewe who was wicked, although here are a list of registered teachers, just stick Sheff into the search and bingo:

http://www.statsearch.co.uk/teachersearchuk.cfm

Thanx Jlew,

I have sent an email to a few practitioners near to where i work

sx

sorry to take so long in getting back with my house mates number, but here it is at last! his name is robert taylor and can be contacted on 07821271091. he'll be more than happy to help.

it's about £28 a lesson and you probably need 10 or so lessons to be able to enact the principles (or not if you know what AT is all about).