Richmond Park Croft

Completely out of the blue we've been offered a house on Richmond Park Croft through a housing association (I didn't think we had any priority and would be on the council waiting list a long time).

Has anyone got any views on the area? It looks OK on street view etc but the road itself is still a building site until February!

---------- Post added 10-01-2015 at 15:54 ----------

Anybody? Most bad things I've heard are from before the estate was renovated.

Cannot comment on this road now, but think it must be a year or two, that I used to take a friend to visit someone, I used to say at that time I would hate to live on here.

Best thing to do is take several trips up at different times day and night, see if it seems ok.

Thanks for the reply

Anyone know what the Richmond park estate in general is like now ? I know it's got (or did have) a bad reputation.

Hi I'm in the same position - I'm from s6 so don't know the area (or rather, I heard it was undesirable but have no idea what it's like now). Could anyone advise? OP - did you get any useful PMs?

Thanks

I grew up on the Richmond Park estate (left in 2003) and my Mum and Dad (in their 60's) still live there and I can honestly say we never had any issues there, but we did tend to keep ourselves to ourselves. I didn't play out with the other kids on the estate or anything like that.

I still go back there regularly to see my parents and I think the area is much nicer now than it was in the 90's, the housing is being updated and gates and fences have been put up to give residents more privacy.

Many thanks for the review. I'm not deparate to move and I'm reluctant to throw my council waiting time away so I'd only move for the 'right ' place, hence my wanting to be sure! i have, in the past had to move where they offered me and want to get it right now I've the luxury of choice (!)

Again, thanks

We decided to go for it after seeing the house and what they've done to the estate - A warren of pathways have been removed and no dead ends etc, the road runs straight through the estate.