Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic

Its ok i am too :)

They left us in a counselling room for about 40 minutes, we were alone and he cried a lot - he was so sure everything would be fine this time so it was total shock, even tho this was the third it hit him the worse. By the time the nurse ccame back we had composed ourselves, she told us everything in a very rehearsed ive done this a million times kind of way, one of the leaflets was called 'Partners Too' and she said in a mock shock kind of way 'because the partners can feel it just as much as the women you know' she said it with the kind of annotation that the undertone sounded like she didnt believe that to be possible. i wonder if it was the same nurse?! She was half smiling too, not the right kind of smile to be empathy - it was forced. And she kept referring to him as my partner, that was really grating on me, probably just because it was something to focus on than the awful truth but it still really wound me up! The sister who performed my scan tho was lovely, you could tell she was genuinely upset for us.

Yes hes coming with me on saturday, he keeps apologising for how upset hes been so i think hes dreading it. Ive opted to take the medication and come home, ive had enough of G1 now, time will tell if thats the right decision. Hoping for a quick recovery but will be kind to myself. I'm 31 (32 next year) and i am dreading they will say weve left it too late. x

31....... Plenty of time. I am 42 with a 2 year old................

The last time I went in EPAU (early Pregnancy Assessment Unit) I opted for tablets and then came home.

I couldn't bare anymore actual internal intervention. The last tablets I took were orally.

Thing I found extremely upsetting is to sit in the waiting room for the ultrasound with parents proudly showing off their scan photos and you are sat there crying. You are happy for them, but angry at them too.

In an ideal world there would be a separate area.

X

I'm sorry to hear about the dreadful times that you must be going through gemlou, but I'm gratified to hear that Sheffield is now utilising medical research enough to recognise that repeated miscarriage is something that needs looking into and merits treatment in order to maximise the chances of a live baby at the end of a pregnancy.

When a family member was going through similar a decade or so ago there was no such clinic outside London, so she paid to go and visit Professor Lesley Regan in London to have the tests to ascertain whether she was in what Prof Regan had proven are the groups for whom treatment is necessary in order to carry a baby to term.

I won't sugar coat the truth as I'm sure that finding out that you won't carry a baby to term without medication is very hard to deal with, but finding out that there's a reason why you're having the miscarriages and that there is something that can maximise the chance of having a live baby offset all of that heartache.

In my family member's instance it turns out that despite our family history which would suggest that she was likely to have antiphospholipid syndrome, she doesn't have it and her miscarriages were just 'one of those things'. She has since gone on to have healthy and happy children (as well as more miscarriages).

I hope that the information that is found out by the tests at the clinic help you to achieve your aims :)

i think there is more than one now too but only jessops is nhs. Its a dreadful situation but i am taking comfort that we are now getting somewhere although its upsetting that it had to wait until 3 babies have been lost (makes you wonder if the people who work in the medical profession use the same 3 times rule?). I feel for your relation, i cant imagine how it must feel not getting an answer, this is from what ive read the answer that 50% of recurrent loss patients get. My doctor has issued the referral and said the same ‘You may have just had some very horrid bad luck’

I'm glad that your relation has gone on to have children - it gives me hope. I have seen on other online forums that prof Reagan is still very popular, I'm not sure if nhs referral is readily available to see her. There is also a couple of other popular consultants but again not in sheffield. T.C Li was at jessops and comes with the same excellent recommendations but I think he has now moved to Jong kong but hopefully his practices still stand. Thank you for your info and well wishes, I really appreciate anything that gives me some hope.

---------- Post added 06-08-2014 at 13:47 ----------

31....... Plenty of time. I am 42 with a 2 year old................

The last time I went in EPAU (early Pregnancy Assessment Unit) I opted for tablets and then came home.

I couldn't bare anymore actual internal intervention. The last tablets I took were orally.

Thing I found extremely upsetting is to sit in the waiting room for the ultrasound with parents proudly showing off their scan photos and you are sat there crying. You are happy for them, but angry at them too.

In an ideal world there would be a separate area.

X

I'm glad to hear it, my mum had my brother when she was 38 with no complications or problems. She did in fact have 1 miscarriage but that was before I was born - I don't know anyone who has had recurrent.

I am the same, I have had enough prodding and poking to last a lifetime and no doubt the next set of investigations will bring the same. I have never done this before so I'm glad that you thought it was a good choice too, lost things I've read people have opted for the operation and I definitely didn't want that.

Yes totally agree and sometimes they have other children in tow. With the first miscarriage I had a heavily pregnant nurse - they knew it was miscarriage at this point and I know she has to do a job but I was just thinking why didn't they send me a none pregnant nurse, she was talking to the others about the best place to getter maternity jeans and I was crying inside. There should be a better system, the ward is large enough. X

So sorry for your losses Gemlou.

Hope you get some answers and fingers crossed you get your miracle baby sometime soon x

So sorry for your losses Gemlou.

Hope you get some answers and fingers crossed you get your miracle baby sometime soon x

Thanks Hun, fingers crossed. Called jessops today and the waiting list is massive - at the moment appointments are 1st of October. They're considering putting extra clinics on to bring the waiting list down x

Hello.

How are you feeling today?

xXx

Hi, feel drained today - looking forward to having the weekend off even though saturday isnt something to look forward to. We have a weekend away at the end of this month for a wedding and a holiday at the end of the year so ive been arranging things for the weekend and trips for the holiday to keep my mind busy. Im also meeting my friend after work so that should be nice, keeping busy has been good for me!

How are you? Thanks for checking on me xxx

Hey, that all sounds really good!

Busy bee. Nothing finer!

Saturday must be a massive cloud hanging over you but you are focusing on future events which is brilliant.

I know it's easy to curl yourself into a ball and shut yourself off but you aren't doing that so keep up the good work and remain focused and hopeful.

Enjoy time with your friend later.

I am off to a gym class in a bit so should be feeling wore out later but buzzing.

Bye for now. Xx

My friend was referred on after 3 miscarriages a few years ago. She was diagnosed with anti-phospholipid syndrome (not sure if that's how it's spelt). Long story short, she has now been able to have children, though she needs daily injections and aspirin when pregnant. In fact, she's now so able to have children she has 4 under 4yrs old!.... including a set of twins!:D:D:D

Hello gemlou83.

How are you and your husband doing?

X

---------- Post added 09-08-2014 at 17:50 ----------

Hope you both doing 'ok' today.

I have been thinking about you.

xXx