Want to start band/music project

I a 41 year old male and can play guitar ,piano and can sing a bit. Thinking about starting a band doing covers similar to radio 1 lounge lounge. Ie, taking a song and flipping it completely. Want to take the music seriously but not myself, so stuff can even be tongue in cheek. Arctic monkeys doing girls aloud etc. had some ideas like doing a full on rock version of billy jean or human leagues don't you want me baby. It'd be good to work with people who are just open minded and have some good ideas of songs to cover. It's all about taking a good song from any era and genre and changing it for the fun of it.

If any of this sounds interesting get in touch, if not I'll continue ******* about on my own recording on my ipad!!?

Hi tj - I'm a drummer / synth player with a small practice room / studio in S11. Would you be interested in working on original stuff in the electronic/weird/jazz/ambient/drum n bass/experimental vogue (To Rococo Rot, Boards of Canada, Roni size, Holy **** etc)? I'm in a straight band but want to do something more free. Would like to work up a set and then find a venue who welcome weird stuff whilst knocking out a few albums with weird titles. Pete

Something I love doing is twisting stuff, sounds good. I'm in my 40's and have transport p.a. etc and play guitar

DEOXY Would you consider another drummer? I'm a drummer looking to do something a bit more experimental? Add n to x, knife/Fever Ray, liars, boards of Canada, dead skeletons etc.

---------- Post added 01-11-2014 at 22:53 ----------

Hi tj - I'm a drummer / synth player with a small practice room / studio in S11. Would you be interested in working on original stuff in the electronic/weird/jazz/ambient/drum n bass/experimental vogue (To Rococo Rot, Boards of Canada, Roni size, Holy **** etc)? I'm in a straight band but want to do something more free. Would like to work up a set and then find a venue who welcome weird stuff whilst knocking out a few albums with weird titles. Pete

:help::huh::help::roll::help::hihi:

Edited by SmellMyFace
Message was for deoxy.

Yes could be - I'm mostly a drummer too so we might have some difficulty with melody? I know a good bass player who would be interested. Do you play anything else / sing? Anyway if you're into boards etc we should meet. I'm not into space rock (dead skeltons? - I remember Hawkwind too well). Thinking of two drummers thought of forming a band of mature fathers - Grateful Dad! Give us a call on 0114 2685956 and we'll arrange a meet.

Lead guitarist wanted for new 50’s/60’s covers party/dance/wedding band. Playing music from Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Louis Prima, Wanda Jackson, Shangri-Las, Elvis, Ray Charles etc.

Must be able to pick up original guitar licks and solo like a cocky Chuck Berry.

If you’re interested send us an email detailing previous experience and any recordings or online links to your music.

Thank you!

[email protected]

T J, I sent you a PM the other day, doesn't appear to be showing in my sent items - did you receive?

Rich

Sounds interesting, played a bit of bass but I'm definitely on the beginner aide of things. Just starting to take it more seriously learning to sight read etc. I can usually learn a songs bass line in an afternoon with some effort, and twisting it round sounds fun.

Hi my name is Sian, I play clarinet and soprano sax i would love to get involved, i can play a little guitar and already have some of my own takes on some popular songs, i can sing harmonies well and can read music or play by ear. also I need a band to play in right now!!!you can also contact me on [email protected]. thanks!