Chainsaw nightmare - help!

We borrowed my father in law's electric chainsaw to do a job in our garden. It's a Challenge Xtreme one. He told us to keep an eye on the oil level and gave us some oil to fill it up with. Everything was going fine until we noticed that the oil level was almost at the minimum: we refilled it and then... about a minute later it packed up for good and now seems as dead as a dodo. We've tried the obvious things (fuse, circuit breaker on the extension cable) without any joy. I don't think the motor's burnt out because it was only doing light cutting and there was no burning smell, smoke etc. Anybody have any idea what might be up with it and how we can bring it back to life?

Take the housing apart and check all the connections :) if it isn't a fuse fault it could be that a wire isn't connected properly or if your local to s12 you can always pop it by and I could have a quick look for you