Help with Opticians, looking for advice

Hello

Late last year I booked an eye test and needless to say my prescription has changed.

I bought some glasses with a slightly reduced prescription as my eyes cannot tolerate too much of a difference due to an astigmatism in one eye. Since I had these which has nearly been 5 months every time I put them on everything is slightly out of focus and a bit distorted for a good 10 minutes (on a good day) and my photochromic lens do not tint when I’m in the car hence I can’t see very well when driving. I’m suffering intense pain behind my eyes both when driving and when out and about yet upon returning to the Opticians they have confirmed the prescription is correct and there’s nothing more that they can do!

I also have a slightly lesser set of glasses from Specsavers however I can see ok with these on despite the lens in the one eye being slightly less than what it should be with the higher prescription however this really isn’t solving the problem at hand.

My eyes had previously had incorrect centres and these have moved ever so slightly. These new glasses are for distance hence driving however I just can’t seem to get on with them, my eyes are being pulled all the time even after 5 months. I have now been informed by the optician that I need to buy prescription sunglasses therefore am I to assume that I will need to wear these all of the time because the normal glasses are causing me problems, discomfort and pain.

Virtually everyone I know has one pair of glasses for driving, reading and everyday use as did I until this latest episode. Am I being fobbed off here or has glasses technology gone backwards.

I had an issue with Scrivens a few years ago who insisted on me having the full prescription which simply didn’t work at all and I nearly had an accident in the car (Their after sales service is dire by the way). This latest episode seems to confirm that opticians do not listen to their customers issues. My current issues are with Specsavers who are far from saving me money as it looks like costing me significantly more! The only good thing about the glasses is the frame is really nice and practical.

I'm pretty sure Specsavers won't put their signature to a liability clause should I have an accident though.

I also appreciate that not everyone can pick a pair of glasses and be ok with them. I was told to persist with them, I have but they still aren't right! and now they don't want to know, should've returned earlier huh?

My old glasses use to tint in the car as well as outside on hazy and sunny days and I had one pair and I had no trouble with them whatsoever.

Any assistance or advice is appreciated (no sarky comments please)

If there are any Opticians who do not work for Scrivens or Specsavers on the forum I would be grateful for your ideas/comments too.

Thank you for your time

Never had anything but trouble with Specsavers, buying cheap means getting cheap, don't know anything about Scrivens. I,would recommend getting a real optician, the one on London Road is good and honest.

Never had anything but trouble with Specsavers, buying cheap means getting cheap, don't know anything about Scrivens. I,would recommend getting a real optician, the one on London Road is good and honest.

Thanks for replying, which one do you recommend, aren't there 2-3 on London Road