Vodafone problems?? Are you having any?

Vodafone have been excellent for me over the last 7 years. I did have a weird one yesterday where my phone started emitting a loud high pitched tone when i answered a call, but besides that nothing of note over the years. I'm in S2 btw.

• 1 month later...
Hi Plain Talker,

Apologies for overlooking your initial post in the thread.

To enable us to look into your concerns further, could you also follow the steps on our eForum here?

Hi caz7,

We’ll be able to offer line rental refunds once the issue is resolved. This will be for the confirmed amount of time the site was unavailable.

Once it's fixed, could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line?

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

Any further news on this lee_vodafone as this is still a problem since the end of Feb and is now totally unacceptable?

Back at the beginning of April, the local Vodafone shop manager set up a check into why my connection is so poor and why my calls keep dropping.

I'm still waiting for that investigation to come back with an answer.

On top of this, I've had a sim change (well, three sim-changes, actually) and over the last three weeks, I've had up to 20 hours at a time, without service as my phone keeps trying to tell me it's not registered.

All this is really not encouraging me to want to stay with this company when my contract ends.

The thread about this on the Vodafone forum is now 17 pages long.

The mast has been decommissioned so now they have to look for new land etc to erect a new one, goodness knows how long that is going to take, one customer who complained was told 6 months!

I don't think it's going to be resolved any time soon.

• 3 months later...
Back at the beginning of April, the local Vodafone shop manager set up a check into why my connection is so poor and why my calls keep dropping.

I'm still waiting for that investigation to come back with an answer.

On top of this, I've had a sim change (well, three sim-changes, actually) and over the last three weeks, I've had up to 20 hours at a time, without service as my phone keeps trying to tell me it's not registered.

All this is really not encouraging me to want to stay with this company when my contract ends.

And here we are almost at the end of August, and I'm STILL waiting for my problem to be resolved.

I called again to remind them I was still waiting to hear from them at the end of July, and they still have not got back to me.

Terribly poor customer service.

Someone told me that the issue is that the 3G masts are being decommissioned in favour of 4G masts. If you don't use 4G this may explain it. I've had dropped calls a plenty since I joined Vodafone in January. I moved from Orange as their coverage was poor. Turns out Vodafone is no better for me. Its just that 4G is so expensive!

I live in Dronfield and didn't have any signal from late January to July when I finally decided to cancel early, on the promise vodafone wouldn't charge me. 3 weeks later I get a letter saying I need to pay an early termination fee. The fact is I had no signal for 7 months! Not even one bar, and no one at vodafone can confirm when it will be fixed! And then to be told I have to pay this fee when management confirmed I wouldn't (apparently there is no record of this), makes me so angry. They are currently raising again with managers but I have moved to O2 in the meantime. Makes me sick to think I spent 2 full days of my life over 7 months on the phone to vodafone making promises they never kept :rant:

---------- Post added 21-08-2014 at 17:33 ----------

Someone told me that the issue is that the 3G masts are being decommissioned in favour of 4G masts. If you don't use 4G this may explain it. I've had dropped calls a plenty since I joined Vodafone in January. I moved from Orange as their coverage was poor. Turns out Vodafone is no better for me. Its just that 4G is so expensive!

Ps I've had 3G with vodafone and in Dronfield there is no 4G

I live in Dronfield and didn't have any signal from late January to July when I finally decided to cancel early, on the promise vodafone wouldn't charge me. 3 weeks later I get a letter saying I need to pay an early termination fee. The fact is I had no signal for 7 months! Not even one bar, and no one at vodafone can confirm when it will be fixed! And then to be told I have to pay this fee when management confirmed I wouldn't (apparently there is no record of this), makes me so angry. They are currently raising again with managers but I have moved to O2 in the meantime. Makes me sick to think I spent 2 full days of my life over 7 months on the phone to vodafone making promises they never kept :rant:

---------- Post added 21-08-2014 at 17:33 ----------

Ps I've had 3G with vodafone and in Dronfield there is no 4G

Thats not fair on vodafone when it was only one manager mistake of not noting it down

Thats not fair on vodafone when it was only one manager mistake of not noting it down

On that occasion it was one manager, on the other 10 or so times with advisers that I had to keep repeating the same problem too it was more repetitive. Every time I phoned they spent the first 30mins saying there was no problem at all. Highlights their own incompetence, anyway better off out of vodafone.