Personal Injury lawyer

I've been persuing a personal injury claim for almost 17 months but my solicitor is still unable to provide me with ball park figure as to what I may be entitled to. When pressured he!s stating figures that I'm not entirely hey with as they sound a bit too low.

I was wondering if anyone on here can recommend a trusted successful personal injury lawyer that they may have experience of? I know there are a few threads on here regarding something similar but they all seem a little dated.

Thanks

West

If you send me the list of your injuries from your medical report (it must be from the medical report) I can give you a ball park, but it would be only that, as I don't know the ins and outs of the case.

Cheers

(BTW I've been a personal injury lawyer for approaching 20 years, so I'm not just some crazy offering to help)

Hi Moosey

Thanks for that. I will obviously be contacting another Solicitor if I can get a steer on if my current solicitor is perhaps not aiming for the level of compensation I perhaps deserve.

I'll drop you a PM with the details of my case and injuries although I haven't been given full access to my medical reports, is this something i should have in my possession?

Thanks

West

See if Moosey can help and give you a figure. Hope this will help and give you some indication.

Your Solicitor cannot really (and should not) give you any kind of valuation/estimate until at the very least you have a finalised medical report and have completed any suggested treatment/prognosis period. If you are not at this stage yet or are still to have further medical examinations they really cannot do anything more.

You need to be very wary about pressuring them for a settlement figure - particularly if you have ongoing issues or are undergoing any physio or other kind of treatment. If you settle now and then face any ongoing pain/need further treatment they will not be able to go back and seek any more - that could mean you lose out on a large amount of potential settlement.

Despite what the gaudy adverts and flashy websites say, there is no set amount for any pi claim. They are based on the nature and extent of your injuries plus are dependant on any treatment you need, ongoing pain and your personal losses which all go to form a settlement figure.

Whilst the online adverts claim to show you what your injuries are worth - realistically they can only give you a very very rough value on an injury based (most likely) on last years judicial studies guidelines - they are nowhere near an accurate valuation and should always be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Thanks for that ECCOnoob, I appreciate that until all my medical reports have been finalised a solicitor may not want to commit themselves or may be concerned about raising any expectations on my part in relation to financial settlement but because my case is pretty large and complex I was hoping some one may be able to give me a very rough indication as to the potential settlement so as I could better gauge my solicitors performance and ability. Hopefully Moosey may be able to assist with this.