HELP needed ! Indicators not working on ford transit

Hi, wondered if anyone could offer any help before I get an auto electric man. My indicators have developed a fault. They will click on but only click once, sometimes click a few times. It maybe a loose wire but don't know where to begin. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Tom.

ANYTHING ELSE NOT WORKING IF SO CHECK FUSE.find flasher unit check for 12v on one of connections .two pins? three pins?

---------- Post added 10-09-2013 at 20:33 ----------

check with ign on. tranys are notorious for furry bulb holers/crap connections on monkey metal rear bulb holders check and clean holders andplugs.

Many thanks for the replies, will give what you said a go, hopefully will do the trick :)

Does it happen both sides or just one and it the 'mis-flash' the same each time? If its just one side with an inconsistent mis-flash I suspect a dodgy earth, maybe water in the socket or a bulb on its last legs.

If its happens both sides the and the mis-flash follows the same pattern every time, I suspect its the flasher unit.

It looks like there are plenty of Transit Van forums, you'll probably get a more comprehensive answer on there it may even be a common fault.