Cliffhanger, any one been?

Although £2.50 seems a lot for hook a duck etc, that is the average price on most fairgrounds today. The person operating the stall has to pay his / her rent that could be anything from £60 to £75 per day, pay insurance, tax, buy fuel and make a living for themselves as well.

£18 for car park, 2 adults and a 7 year old. ABSOLUTE RIPOFF !!!!!!!!!!!

always wanted to go - I will not be going again.

i have done, and enjoyed, potholing, climbing, bouldering, orienteering and scuba diving. but the scale of some of these activities seemed to be aimed at youngsters and judging by the queues, many were enjoying themselves. so, thumbs up to the groups / clubs who provided these amenities. sadly, our youngster was not interested in trying out any of these, what a pity.

the competitors in the bouldering championships looked bored ****less with the event and it seemed like too much trouble to climb anything.

the fairground side of the event was let down and a ripoff, £2.50 to "hook-a-duck" prize every time. yup - a piece of poundshop crap! bouncy castle £3.00 for 5 mins no queue and three kids on there, the tight sod even had the audacity to set his timer! an astute person would have kept the kids on as long as they liked which would have encouraged more custom. better bouncy castles at other events are bigger and better and only £1.50 a chuck.

the ghost train was £1.50 each. it was only on one level, none of the strobe lights worked so we saw no "ghosts" and it broke down near the end, the operator having to come and push us out through the exit. to cap it all, our granddaughter had her head down, eyes shut and fingers in her ears almost all the way through! luckily, she was too small to get on the bigger rides.

some of the food stalls were mega expensive.

as decathlon were organising / sponsoring this event, i feel they need to be made aware of any feedback. thus, i will be writing to them in due course.