Which halls of residence to choose?

Thanks to all that have replied, the advice is much appreciated, ive applied to Tapton, mainly on the basis that its the cheapest:cool: Hopefully i'll like it there, and im not too fussy so im sure i will:)

Well if you get in the Grindstone pub is 2 mins (if that) round the corner. We go to their pub quiz on a Tuesday so see you there!

Well if you get in the Grindstone pub is 2 mins (if that) round the corner. We go to their pub quiz on a Tuesday so see you there!

Hehe, might well do....:)

Hi,

I will be starting at Sheffield uni in September, but cant decide which halls to live in. Ive narrowed it down to Ranmoor and Halifax, but cant pick between them. Can anyone tell me which one is best/has the best facilities etc(esp. internet connection)?

Thanksx

dont choose victoria hall even at a last resort

Just a slight deviation, a friend has a student letting business with properties situated on and near to Ecclesall Road. He recently showed me round two houses that he has acquired and renovated to a very high standard. They are 5 bed, 4 bath, hard wire alarmed and very nicely carpeted decorated and furnished and with Boadband connection in the rental price.

He has promised to take me round them next year when he assures me they will require completely re decorating and carpeting. He says that the washing machines will have had parts pulled off of them and that the furniture will look ten years old. When he retains bonds to put things right the students parents will phone him and accuse him of being a bad landlord.

So if you are going into a hall for the first year use it to practice to live like a human being.

Hi, I m also having some problems choosing where to stay in Sheffield. I got an offer to Stay at Victoria Halls of residence, in a deluxe en-suite Room. I just want some opinions on that place, wether its secure, conveniant, proper furniture etc... And if you can propose an alternative to Victoria Halls if you dont like it and tell me why you dont like it , i would appreciate it.

My car got done over at ranmoor!!!

and did you know its an exact replica of a swedish prison!!!

so that extends to sheffield as well?? I was at Liverpool uni and we were always told that our hall was based on a design of a swedish prison as well :hihi:

Whatever you do, DON'T stay with UNITE. Exchange Works expecially. Avoid it like the plague. I've been here 5 months and it's just been a miserable experience throughout. Poor security, building work at 8am every day for 2 months, state of the flats is terrible, internet's a rip off because it's way too slow, and to top it all off a drugs rehab center/needle exchange is being built on the ground floor. The sooner I leave here the better!

i've been living at exchange works now for 4 months, and i have had the best time!! all the building work of the courtyard and common room are now complete. the common room is a stylish place to hang out- with a huge tv with sky and a pool table. As for the drug rehalibition centre, yes it is there but i can't say that i have ever felt threatened about it, they cannot get into exchange works coz u need a swipe card and there is normally someone on reception. The rooms are a good size and the layout of the flats is a great way to make friends.