Shale gas in uk massive

I believe that if companies do not make profit they will not attract the investment necessary for the project to take place.

The regulatory authorities have to approve the prices of fuel to the UK user, it is their job to ensure that profits are reasonable and that products are affordable.

Profit is the one thing that will make this project work, do not expect the government to fund it, they have no money, the Labour party spent it all.

I am afraid that most Regulatory authorities are just a bunch of dunces or rogues just like many politicians who love the smell of money and only stop drinking coffee once the horse has bolted.

Or maybe as little as 5 years. Add in the possible widespread complications of fracking and it might not be as rosey as these companies want you to believe.

We need to stop burning finite resources and get on with building a proper renewable energy economy.

Couldn't agree more.

I am afraid that most Regulatory authorities are just a bunch of dunces or rogues just like many politicians who love the smell of money and only stop drinking coffee once the horse has bolted.

and your alternative method of regulation is?

and your alternative method of regulation is?
Sacking most government propped up regulators especially the lame ducks that should have regulated banks and recruiting only those who know what a fair days work is about.............something lacking in a certain areas of the public sector workforce!

The NIMBYs will have it wrapped up in legal redtape for decades.