Stuart Hall arrested/charged/prosecuted

But as I said not all the detail of his offending style and behaviour is in the public domain.

By challenging the account in court..it's not rocket science. If I said something about you and it went to court I'd be expected to provide a three dimensional account of my allegation against you, not something I dreamt up on the back of a fag packet.

Really? How do you suppose a 'false memory' fills in the gaps of an indecent assault allegation if the facts were never known to the witness?

How many different ways do you think one can sexually abuse someone, read the press and there are any number of cases of sexual abuse, they all have similarities despite being different victims and different abusers.

How many different ways do you think one can sexually abuse someone, read the press and there are any number of cases of sexual abuse, they all have similarities despite being different victims and different abusers.

I've no idea it's not something I've ever contemplated.

Yes there will be similarities, but as far as the police are concerned the features of interest will be the ones unique to a particular offender and when they hear those accounts from different people they know a jury will be likely to believe them.

Hall would not have plead guilty unless there was a feature of his offending behaviour that was of the smoking gun variety that his defence would have struggled to overcome.

I've no idea it's not something I've ever contemplated.

Yes there will be similarities, but as far as the police are concerned the features of interest will be the ones unique to a particular offender and when they hear those accounts from different people they know a jury will be likely to believe them.

Hall would not have plead guilty unless there was a feature of his offending behaviour that was of the smoking gun variety that his defence would have struggled to overcome.

What is this unique feature you speak of.

I've no idea, I didn't see the evidence, what false memories are you appending to the victim statements?

I'm just suggesting a possible alternative to your insistence that he must have abused them because he pleaded guilty, he might have abuse them, he might not have abused them, he might not remember anything at all, the victims might be remembering being abused despite not being abused.

I'm just suggesting a possible alternative to your insistence that he must have abused them because he pleaded guilty, he might have abuse them, he might not have abused them, he might not remember anything at all, the victims might be remembering being abused despite not being abused.

But there's no argument, he didn't go to trial and was found guilty, he ADMITTED the charges of his own free will.

Why are you persistently taking this round the houses? It does nothing for the victims of these assaults and it's only their interests that concern me.

But there's no argument, he didn't go to trial and was found guilty, he ADMITTED the charges of his own free will.

Why are you persistently taking this round the houses? It does nothing for the victims of these assaults and it's only their interests that concern me.

He wasn't found guilty, he pleaded guilty and you keep ignoring the fact he may have pleaded guilty for reasons other than guilt.

Many people that claim to be innocent plead guilty of lesser charges to avoid going to court where there is always the possibility of being found guilty, despite not being guilty.

He wasn't found guilty, he pleaded guilty and you keep ignoring the fact he may have pleaded guilty for reasons other than guilt.

Many people that claim to be innocent plead guilty of lesser charges to avoid going to court where there is always the possibility of being found guilty, despite not being guilty.

Of course they do. Suppose they also have defence teams made up of village idiots who'd struggle to mount a robust defence to word of mouth testimonies.

The burden of proof is beyond reasonable doubt..

Of course they do. Suppose they also have defence teams made up of village idiots who'd struggle to mount a robust defence to word of mouth testimonies.

The burden of proof is beyond reasonable doubt..

So you don't think innocent people are ever found guilty, one of the reasons we don't kill murders is because the courts don't always get the right verdict. Innocent people are sent down and have been executed in the past.

Edited by MrSmith